What happened to Brilliant Lady

Wildcatllamas

2 minutes ago, Splatt2010 said:

Somethings in the works. When trying to proceed with any booking for BL or VL through March I get a 'we're sorry cruise not available' error. SL bookings work just fine.

So it might be all 16 voyages on BL that have been announced that going to be cancelled maybe? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Splatt2010 said:

Somethings in the works. When trying to proceed with any booking for BL or VL through March I get a 'we're sorry cruise not available' error. SL bookings work just fine.

Yep, when I click view cabins the page errors out. Tried two of the itineraries in March. I’m really bummed.

3 minutes ago, Lustate said:

Sadly these things happen on anything as complex as building a ship. but at least (for now) i feel secure that VV will look after us where they can. 

I'm also disappointed and think the same however I hoped they might have learnt a lesson following the Resilient Lady cancellations and delays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

Please remember the source. It's an unofficial fan site, and has several typing errors on the site including dates and ship names. Lets see what VV says directly. 

• Like 1

• Bonus Sailor Loot: Upon moving their booking, customers will receive an additional $300 in sailor loot. Moreover, those booked on the Mermaiden will receive an extra $500 in onboard credit.

$300 OBC for rebooking?! 
that’s the smallest amount of compensation I’ve seen so far, especially since a lot of these BL sailings are so soon. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

• Bonus Sailor Loot: Upon moving their booking, customers will receive an additional $300 in sailor loot. Moreover, those booked on the Mermaiden will receive an extra $500 in onboard credit.

$300 OBC for rebooking?! 
that’s the smallest amount of compensation I’ve seen so far, especially since a lot of these BL sailings are so soon. 

If this is true, it's complete garbage. I am on the Mermaiden and I don't need another $800 in loot - I already more than what can even spend in a week. We all paid a lot for this Mermaiden and did so almost a full year ago!

Edited by Alegeeter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrSch said:

So according to this article, the Valiant will replace the Scarlett in the Caribbean after April 20th, as the Scarlett will be in dry dock.

Based on that, I think this cruise will be canceled.

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/tour-operators/virgin-voyages-announces-tough-decision-to-postpone-brilliant-lady-launch

Almost certainly based on that

1 minute ago, jamesv92 said:

Almost certainly based on that

The problem is, with different news sources having minor different information it is hard to say, but the fact that our sailing hasn't been for sale in over 4 or more months, was a good indicator

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrSch said:

So according to this article, the Valiant will replace the Scarlett in the Caribbean after April 20th, as the Scarlett will be in dry dock.

Based on that, I think this cruise will be canceled.

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/tour-operators/virgin-voyages-announces-tough-decision-to-postpone-brilliant-lady-launch

That’s already known and has been on sale like that for a year or so, Scarlet repositions to Barcelona in April and then when the season finishes in October goes to dry dock. 

The change is Valiant will now take over San Juan January to April before going back to Miami from April. 

• Like 1

This is a much better portion of the offer for me as I booked a sea terrace solo for 1700.

Change of sailing: Passengers have the liberty to choose any other sailing in the same cabin category without worrying about the price difference. In cases where the new sailing is priced lower, the difference will be refunded.

• Like 2

Selfishly all I care about is that our cruise is still on, just a different ship 🙂

To start her 2023 winter season, Valiant Lady will return from Barcelona on 29 October and begin her signature itineraries from Miami such as the “Eastern Caribbean Antilles” and “Western Caribbean Charm.” From January through March 2024, she will operate out of San Juan, Puerto Rico, offering two southern Caribbean voyages originally scheduled for Brilliant Lady including “The Southeastern Caribbean Isles” and “Sunsets in the Lesser Antilles.”

• Like 4

Holy ***** 44 nights!!!

Finally, Resilient Lady will set off on a 44-night repositioning from Athens to Australia in October 2024, making stops in bucket-list destinations like Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore and Bali along the way. Once Down Under, Sailors have the option of 15 brand new itineraries and nine new ports including Broome, Albany, Adelaide, Newcastle, Mooloolaba, Port Douglas, Brisbane, Eden and Kangaroo Island.