What happened to Brilliant Lady

Wildcatllamas

36 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

“Generous” is relative. 

When the Scarlet Lady sailings were delayed they offered double whatever you'd paid, so I would consider that pretty generous... No idea what they'll offer in this case.

So those of us that have booked on one of the SJ trips that is being taken over by the Valiant have to do nothing? They'll just automatically shift cabins, etc. to the Valiant? We are travelling with another couple and our TA got us adjacent cabins previously on the BL.

Edited by Mbot222000
  • Like 2

Just now, Mbot222000 said:

So those of us that have booked on one of the SJ trips that is being taken over by the Valiant have to do nothing?

from the email that I received and posted it should automatically happen, unless you were on one that got canceled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

When the Scarlet Lady sailings were delayed they offered double whatever you'd paid, so I would consider that pretty generous... No idea what they'll offer in this case.

In the last few months, it’s been 125% to 150% FVC.

this time, I am seeing reports of $300 to $600 sailor loot. No FVC so far, but things can change, maybe if more of us complain. 

Just now, Ranger1227 said:

The only problem is that our TA cruise was a ridiculously low price, so I suspect that even double that will only mean we get one cruise fare out of it.  Not sure if that is a good deal for us.

it won’t be double, but you might get a lift and shift with bonus loot, which would be better for you in this case. 

• Like 1

Just now, CanadianCruiser21 said:

it won’t be double, but you might get a lift and shift with bonus loot, which would be better for you in this case. 

If you are on a canceled cruise, you can choose any other cruise, for any amount of days and will be put in a similar cabin with no additional cost.  This is what my regional sales manager just told me

• Like 2

Just now, DrSch said:

If you are on a canceled cruise, you can choose any other cruise, for any amount of days and will be put in a similar cabin with no additional cost.  This is what my regional sales manager just told me

the only exception would be if they didn't have the cabin type you bought available, in which case you would be refunded something... that's how it was explained to me.  So I can take this TA and save it for an Iceland cruise when they announce them

Just got this:

Virgin Voyages

An important update regarding Brilliant Lady

Ahoy Sailor,

Because of unexpected construction, supply chain, and staffing challenges, we wanted to let you know that we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone the launch of Brilliant Lady — and with this, your voyage has unfortunately been canceled. We know how much planning goes into taking time off to go on vacation, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

While Brilliant Lady is delayed, we still have all three of her sister ships sailing to gorgeous destinations during the same time as your original voyage. Specifically, Valiant Lady and Scarlet Lady will be sailing through the very same Caribbean waters on incredible itineraries — allowing you to set sail to all of the same stunning places you’d hoped to.

With that said, we want to make sure you have as many options as possible in terms of rebooking or getting a refund if that doesn’t work for you. Please see the details below so you can select the best option.

Your Impacted Voyage Details:

Ship Name

Itinerary

Sail Date

Res ID

Brilliant Lady

Transatlantic Puerto Rico to Portugal

4/20/2024

With Bonus Onboard Credit and Price Guarantee

Choose a new voyage date and we will protect your original voyage fare no matter the duration, as long as it's in the same cabin category. Plus, we'll still honor any previous promotions you had when you first booked, including your Bar Tab bonus. If the new date you choose costs less, we'll refund the difference if you’ve already fully paid.

As an added benefit, we will include $300 in onboard credit to enjoy while you’re sailing with us

Bonus: Rebook by October 11th and receive an additional $300 as a bonus credit, making it a total of $600 in onboard credit

100% of Your Voyage Fare Back to You

Should you decide not to rebook at this time, you have the option to request a full refund, or we will automatically process your refund after December 28th. Request a refund using the form here.

100% Refund of amount paid to original form of payment

So, what to do next...
Starting on September 11th, our systems will be all set to rebook your voyage. Once you’ve decided which sailing you’d like, you can use the Offer Request Form to choose any ship on any available date that works for you. If you need help deciding, feel free to check out our handy Sailor Itinerary Options PDF with all our available voyages. If you’d like assistance, please contact your Travel Advisor (First Mate) or Sailor Services to help you find a new voyage date by clicking here.

OFFER REQUEST FORM

In many cases, you may be able to move flights associated with your sailing — at no cost or a nominal change fee. But if that’s not the case, and to make this (a little) easier, Virgin Voyages will assist with travel penalties up to $500 per person. Simply upload your documentation (receipts, etc.) in the form linked below, and we’ll work to compensate you for incurred costs. We'll review your submissions and provide details on the reimbursement process, which may vary based on your location. If you purchased travel insurance, please reach out to your insurance company for further assistance. Click the button below to fill out the form, and we'll help you get squared away.

REIMBURSEMENT FORM

Again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and our hope is that our offers not only show just how much you mean to us, but still gives you an incredible getaway to look forward to (with extra perks!).

We appreciate your patience and kindness through this process, and we can't wait to see you on board soon.

The Virgin Voyages Crew

Virgin Voyages Logo

11 minutes ago, DrSch said:

A great idea except I had a Rock Star Aft suite and none are available.  This is the 2nd time Virgin has cancelled on me.  I am done booking and wasting time with it.  I have a small window that I can do a cruise in due to my job demands and I need a more reliable line.  Sorry Virgin you just aren't getting it done.  Maybe when I retire one day.....

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

A great idea except I had a Rock Star Aft suite and none are available.  This is the 2nd time Virgin has cancelled on me.  I am done booking and wasting time with it.  I have a small window that I can do a cruise in due to my job demands and I need a more reliable line.  Sorry Virgin you just aren't getting it done.  Maybe when I retire one day.....

I'm also in an MRS and now am annoyed I'll have to figure this out with work schedules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ghostshark said:

My first ever cruise, and it gets cancelled, so the boat I was scheduled to be on can go somewhere else and carry passengers scheduled for a different boat that isn't ready. Weird way to do business. 

I don't get that either.  I am done with Virgin for a long time.  Until I retire they just aren't reliable enough to book with a third time and end up not sailing.

• Like 2