Deceptive Pricing Tactics??

Tarwood3

23 minutes ago, Tarwood3 said:

So, right after I posted a reply to you above, I went to my email and voila…finally an explanation from Oceania…it’s rather simple , and it’s basically what I thought was the issue…just don’t understand why they couldnt provide the explanation to me 3 weeks ago when I was on my transatlantic and saved everyone a lot of frustration/aggravation. Here’s the explanation.    And perhaps you might know this…do you know how I can turn off further posts on here now that I have an explanation ?

“ …As you know, we had a price change in January and again in April which is why the brochure fare has changed.

I did ask you  if the prices  changed  since you booked  in the other thread

That would have solved your  issue days ago

Post #42

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2931773-olife-ulimate-worth-it/page/2/#comments

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I did ask you  if the prices  changed  since you booked  in the other thread

That would have solved your  issue days ago

Post #42

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2931773-olife-ulimate-worth-it/page/2/#comments

First of all….I booked a veranda a long time ago.  I have no idea what the prices were for a PH back then.  I decided to upgrade 3 weeks ago.  The price I saw on line was not matching the invoice they sent me the very next day…that was my issue.  It was not matching what was online just the day before.  It really had nothing to do with teh price increase…had more to do with they weren’t going to honor a previous discount.   So no, it woudn’t have solved my issue days ago.  If my agent couldn’t figure it out either,  then you certainly don’t have all the answers. 

2 hours ago, Tarwood3 said:

So, right after I posted a reply to you above, I went to my email and voila…finally an explanation from Oceania…it’s rather simple , and it’s basically what I thought was the issue…just don’t understand why they couldnt provide the explanation to me 3 weeks ago when I was on my transatlantic and saved everyone a lot of frustration/aggravation. Here’s the explanation.    And perhaps you might know this…do you know how I can turn off further posts on here now that I have an explanation ?

“ …As you know, we had a price change in January and again in April which is why the brochure fare has changed. The bonus savings they received expired so new bookings no longer receive that. The category is not available to book so I can create a mock booking to show the breakdown but at the end of the day, he is paying the lower fare. I can offer $300 SBC to help smooth things over.”

For the future: it would be easier for us here on CC to sleuth a similar issue if folks post a pic of the center group of numbers (fare, discounts, etc) on the invoice (just don’t show ID info at top).

As for TAs, think twice about using those who need to use social media (or competition) websites to drum up business. Once you start cruising regularly on O, ask many other O regular passengers which TA they use. You’ll soon start hearing the same handful of companies (and they won’t include the Social Media gurus). More importantly, ask all TAs about their commission sharing policy. Those who have a stellar rep, understand O inside/out AND share commissions at 5-10% of the commissionable fare in your pocket should be your target. 

49 minutes ago, Tarwood3 said:

First of all….I booked a veranda a long time ago.  I have no idea what the prices were for a PH back then.  I decided to upgrade 3 weeks ago.  The price I saw on line was not matching the invoice they sent me the very next day…that was my issue.  It was not matching what was online just the day before.  It really had nothing to do with teh price increase…had more to do with they weren’t going to honor a previous discount.   So no, it woudn’t have solved my issue days ago.  If my agent couldn’t figure it out either,  then you certainly don’t have all the answers. 

If you’re talking about the “bonus that expired,” some of those types of perks (e.g., FCCs, future booking “gift certificates” have an expiration date (e.g., book by, cruise by…).

54 minutes ago, Tarwood3 said:

You certainly did not provide all the facts  either

Enjoy your cruise

Being from Eagle, Idaho at one time meant you were laid back, genuine, and incredibly kind and polite. It was a town with no stop light (just blinky red one way, blinky yellow the other). I got lost the last time I drove through. Nuff said.