New to VV, seeking info about status match please.

red lobster

I've cruised several times with other lines and recently booked a cruise on Virgin for next spring. I read something about a status match, but really can't find any info on it by using the search. If there is a thread I apologize for asking. What does it include and how do you use it? Thank you everyone that contributes to these forums, I love reading tips and reviews on here.

Update, I did submit my info just in case and at this time all they will give me is 100.00 on a 300.00 bar tab purchase. We aren't big drinkers, so probably won't do the bar tab. It was worth a try though.

I appreciate the help here. 

I was trying to submit my information for a status match but the Booking Reference # field is marked as mandatory. We do plan to book a cruise , just want to have a status match done beforehand.

Do you need to have a current booking with VV to submit a status match? Other lines do not require this.

Edited by Aldeya

2 hours ago, Aldeya said:

I was trying to submit my information for a status match but the Booking Reference # field is marked as mandatory. We do plan to book a cruise , just want to have a status match done beforehand.

Do you need to have a current booking with VV to submit a status match? Other lines do not require this.

Put a cruise on 24 hour hold and submit using that booking number.

I wouldn’t get to anxious or worried about getting status match in the short term. Current Sailors Club perks are ending April 30th 2023. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Perks and the ability to submit for status match have been extended to the end of 2023.  Yes, you need a booking reference to apply for status match.  You will need a 24 hour hold or a booking number to apply on the application.

• Like 1

I have another post with all the terms and conditions of the status match.  Yes, it supposedly stacks with the PIF payment and happens with the status match.  The terms are a little fuzzy in some cases though...that's why I have a good TA..to max it all out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moochi said:

Does status match give me 10% off? Does the 10% off stack with 10% off from one time payment?

The 10% off is a code that is sent by email, it can be used with current offers live at the time of booking including the pay in full discount.

I’m sea-blazer and got the code yesterday.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Flipflopsnfrozendrinks said:

I tried to apply for the status match, but I am only Emerald on RCI.  Do they only match Diamond and up?  The dropdown started at Diamond.  Is this true, or should I try to call and talk to customer service to get my match?

Thanks,

Kim

It can't hurt to try using your highest match on any line.  If it isn't high enough, you'll find out.  If the drop down doesn't show your status, it likely won't be accepted,

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 4:29 AM, Flipflopsnfrozendrinks said:

I tried to apply for the status match, but I am only Emerald on RCI.  Do they only match Diamond and up?  The dropdown started at Diamond.  Is this true, or should I try to call and talk to customer service to get my match?

Thanks,

Kim

Just submit it. You never know.