Azamara sent me an invoice for a cruise I never booked

gailellen12

Includes a confirmation number and everything. We had scrolled through their cruises but did not reserve. Definitely no money down as per my credit card statement. Is this a or move in their part hoping we will book?  I have looked through many cruises on different lines and never had this happen. Of course I can’t get through on the phone. Without my credit card info I guess they can’t do much. Very 🤔 

I got a strange email too (having no upcoming cruises for this year)

Did yours also say :

We just received a reminder email “

Final Payment Reminder for Your Upcoming Cruise” ???

stating:

We are excited to have you join us on your upcoming cruise. As we approach the departure date, we kindly remind you that a deposit must be made by May 1st to secure your reservation. 

Please note that failure to make the required deposit by May 1st may result in the cancellation of your reservation. We wouldn't want you to miss out on this unforgettable experience, so please ensure your deposit is made as soon as possible.

Hey, if you've "already" paid the deposit, I would consider paying the rest of the invoice! However, intuition tells me this is a legitimate invoice, sent to the wrong person.  Wish I knew what was going on with their IT people.

we are finally able to see upcoming cruise on azamara website.  the cruise confirmation number has been changed.  i had booked and paid for excursions in three ports prior to the website revamp, now i am given the option to pay balance due for the excursions in two of the ports.  each of those excursions is asking that the balance of $1,999,552.00 be paid!  ...nearly four million dollars!

is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need to make final payment in a few days.  This millions of dollars amount is added if I try to purchase another shore excursion, so I imagine it will be added when final payment is due.  I am beyond frustrated.  

We booked another Azamara cruise while onboard last month. The deposit was paid last week and we thought we were good to start planning. Today we had another booking number for a different class of cabin for the same cruise with a request for deposit. We could not cancel it on the web site. Finally got through to an Azamara agent who cancelled the second booking. I can tell you, and everyone else, that their cruise planners are just as frustrated as we are and their internal communications are driving them nuts. We all need patience, and lots of it.

As my mother would say.....this too shall pass.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 2:48 PM, flobo said:

we are finally able to see upcoming cruise on azamara website.  the cruise confirmation number has been changed.  i had booked and paid for excursions in three ports prior to the website revamp, now i am given the option to pay balance due for the excursions in two of the ports.  each of those excursions is asking that the balance of $1,999,552.00 be paid!  ...nearly four million dollars!

You must of booked the entire ship for your friends. Looking forward to thanking you. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 5:48 PM, flobo said:

I am still unable to view our future cruises, but have not received invoices like that  YIKES!

On 4/22/2023 at 6:31 AM, cavaaller said:

Did yours also say :

stating:

We are excited to have you join us on your upcoming cruise. As we approach the departure date, we kindly remind you that a deposit must be made by May 1st to secure your reservation. 

Please note that failure to make the required deposit by May 1st may result in the cancellation of your reservation. We wouldn't want you to miss out on this unforgettable experience, so please ensure your deposit is made as soon as possible.

Yes, I got one this exact email too.  After initially freaking out, I checked everything and deleted it.  Figured we can’t rely on anything with Azamara at the moment.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 1:31 PM, cavaaller said:

Did yours also say :

stating:

How about you send them a check in the mail to cover your cruise balance and make the check out in the amount of $0.01.  That might confuse them a bit.

DON

• Like 1
  • Haha 1