Booking number and name - any issues with strangers knowing it?

erienetuser

My travel agent just sent me an email letting me know about the new seafood restaurant, but on the 2nd page of the pdf it shows 11 other peoples booking numbers and full name. Mine  included. So  I'm assuming they all can see mine. Is this an issue? What can someone do with this info?

1 hour ago, erienetuser said:

My travel agent just sent me an email letting me know about the new seafood restaurant, but on the 2nd page of the pdf it shows 11 other peoples booking numbers and full name. Mine  included. So  I'm assuming they all can see mine. Is this an issue? What can someone do with this info?

Sounds like a lazy TA who didn't protect your privacy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Fire that TA. 

Oh, I think it's  my first and last time using a TA. She quoted me the wrong price, then  billed me for the highest package when I  requested  the middle one, and I don't think I saved  any money using her.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

Oh, I think it's  my first and last time using a TA. She quoted me the wrong price, then  billed me for the highest package when I  requested  the middle one, and I don't think I saved  any money using her.  

No, just fire her ass and find a good one that discounts the cruise fare.  They are out there believe me and there are agencies in the US that will compete for your business.  You can Google for that and will probably find some good info.  Also, ask around folks you meet on this upcoming cruise and you may get some good referrals to follow up on.

• Like 5

Not acceptable practice for any business to share your information with others. I’d watch this cruise like a hawk.  

There are many who do not know email communication protocols.  I often have to educate friends on how to BCC emails.  

It’s water under/over the bridge now.  There’s nothing you can do at this point, except voice your displeasure.  Out of generosity, you might ask him/her what (s)he was thinking.  

• Like 2