Blue Chip comped cruises

neenee61

Has anyone had trouble getting comped for longer than 9 nights. Have always had comped B2B with no issue.

Unfortunately past agents have moved on and now new agent telling me no more comped cruises for 9 nights or longer. Won't provide me with a copy of changes. This agent also didn't understand to refund fees & taxes for cancelled cruise in 45 days. She refunded less a %. Not a big $ amount, but surely they should know basic rules. 

I have completed 25 comped cruises, mostly B2B.

Just interested to see if rules have actually changed or just this untrained agent. Have been sapphire since new tier system first introduced, prior to that just comped really well.

I’ve been Sapphire since the new tier system, too and had booked 11, 12 night and b2b cruises.  Just did a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise and got a card on day 2 for a free cruise.  Went down to future cruises and they told me nothing more than a 9 night Oceanview (have been aqua or concierge on all my past cruises).  I did book a 9 night out of Tampa for February 2024 - I have family there and am attending a benchmark birthday in February so the timing was good. This year I started booking with a third party, so emailed them about the booking - they were able to change the cabin to aqua - I am guessing there may be some ability through them to extend to a longer than 9 nights.

I understand that the Blue Chip program is going to be introducing changes in July 2023 and the rumors I keep hearing are there will be some cuts.  I think the cap of 9 nights indicates one of the changes.

Not surprised more Blue Chip cut backs.

Booked on 3rd party site last night. Breath of fresh air dealing with these hosts. One email all done AND better than what BC is offering now and more than likely further down the track.

Quite excited to be trying Virgin over Christmas and is from my home port YAY. Also looking at MSC for Europe. Reviews very mixed with MSC but hey can only try and not return if not the best. 

Had an excellent run with Celebrity, now time to spread my gambling $$ around.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 10:28 PM, CTSandy said:

I understand that the Blue Chip program is going to be introducing changes in July 2023 and the rumors I keep hearing are there will be some cuts.  I think the cap of 9 nights indicates one of the changes.

Well that doesn't sound good, hopefully just rumours.  By cuts I assume you mean to the program or do you mean staff/support ... or maybe both?

4 hours ago, poffles said:

Well that doesn't sound good, hopefully just rumours.  By cuts I assume you mean to the program or do you mean staff/support ... or maybe both?

I’ve been hearing that there will be some cuts to the program but don’t know how true they are.  I have asked hosts on recent cruises and they have stated that some changes are coming, but they don’t think it’s going to be as impactful as some of the rumors have suggested.  I did hear that comped cruises are going to be limited to 7 - 9  nights and that appears to be happening.  Working with a third party for bookings seems to be the way to go.

There you go!!!! If you book thru Urcomped they offer longer than 9 n8ght cruises.  Very contradictory of Celebrity.  Oh well, I'm really looking forward to trying a few more cruise lines with different itineraries.

On 4/27/2023 at 2:34 AM, neenee61 said:

There you go!!!! If you book thru Urcomped they offer longer than 9 n8ght cruises.  Very contradictory of Celebrity.  Oh well, I'm really looking forward to trying a few more cruise lines with different itineraries.

Does Urcomped match the Free Play as well?  

9 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Does Urcomped match the Free Play as well?  

No. Happy to forego and try different lines. Currently booked on Virgin AND out of my home port, Melb Aust.

Very quick and easy booking process

5 hours ago, neenee61 said:

No. Happy to forego and try different lines. Currently booked on Virgin AND out of my home port, Melb Aust.

Very quick and easy booking process

Thanks for the info but my FP is pretty significant and allows me to cruise more.  Virgin does look very appealing though.

• 7 months later...