Windsurf suite comparison-bridge vs double suite

Pudgesmom

We have sailed quite a few times in the Windsurf third deck double suites. We like the two bathrooms and large windows. 

We are considering a bridge suite for an upcoming  transatlantic cruise. We like the idea of a completely separate sleeping space as we aren’t always on the same schedule. 

However, we are curious on the amount of light in the bridge cabins and also whether they feel cramped in the living space. We do spend quite a bit of time in our room, particularly on the Transatlantics.

Can someone here who has done both share a comparison?

I have never been in a Bridge Suite but one of the things I remembered is that they were located next to doors that were used by people to go to elevator and these shut loudly in the wind.  It was less noisy this past March when we were on but I thought I wouldn’t like to have paid that kind of money to be in the middle of the traffic as that entrance is used often as it leads to the Bridge

We were visited by the upgrade fairy into the “double suites” in the Med and loved it! We sailed for 25 days and having 2 bathrooms saved out marriage. We had friends in the owners suite (this was in 2018) and knew our suite was above and beyond theirs. I have not sailed in the Bridge suite but having the 2 bathrooms and 2 desks/dressing areas/closets make this a no brainer in my book. 

2 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

We were visited by the upgrade fairy into the “double suites” in the Med and loved it! We sailed for 25 days and having 2 bathrooms saved out marriage. We had friends in the owners suite (this was in 2018) and knew our suite was above and beyond theirs. I have not sailed in the Bridge suite but having the 2 bathrooms and 2 desks/dressing areas/closets make this a no brainer in my book. 

Thank you for your comment - as I said we have sailed many times in the dual suites. I was hoping to get an answer to my question about the bridge suites. 

I have been looking at those suites as well. I found a rather chaotic video on youtube that helped me visual the space better than photos. There are people moving through the suite which may help you get a sense of how it would be with your spouse.

edited to fix typo

Edited by MNgardens

2 hours ago, MNgardens said:

I have been looking at those suites as well. I found a rather chaotic video on youtube that helped me visual the space better than photos. There are people moving through the suite which may help you get a sense of how it would be with your spouse.

edited to fix typo

Thank you. We had watched that and found it useful, and I agree somewhat chaotic. I think they were filming it when leaving, maybe kind of a last minute thought. We will be there next spring. I’ll try to do a slightly longer one.