Thumbs up to the P&O customer service roles

gary_w

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

In all honesty, if I saw someone wearing a T-Shirt with that logo on it I would be fearful of offering them assistance, even if I felt that they needed it. 

To be honest i only wear it at the gym now as many people automatically think you need help when i don't. 

I know my limits and stick to them.

6 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

In all honesty, if I saw someone wearing a T-Shirt with that logo on it I would be fearful of offering them assistance, even if I felt that they needed it. 

I would also be reluctant to offer assistance because I would be concerned that they may take the offer as thinking that they are not capable of doing things themselves. I have a disabled friend who is very independent and says that she thinks people are condescending when the offer help to her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

To be honest i only wear it at the gym now as many people automatically think you need help when i don't. 

I know my limits and stick to them.

I am a little confused. If you don't need help, no problem. If you do, asking may be useful.

56 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I would also be reluctant to offer assistance because I would be concerned that they may take the offer as thinking that they are not capable of doing things themselves. I have a disabled friend who is very independent and says that she thinks people are condescending when the offer help to her.

I often offer to help, or open a door, or give up a seat and often get a very dark glare as a response.  You don't always know the right thing to do, so folk often do nothing. You can't will them all.

• Like 3

My experience of buffets on Ventura, Aurora and Iona has been far from that described above. In each case there have been the staff withe the yellow aprons helping. Usually I only have to appear in the servers and they come and help.They did not have them in the quays, but a simple please brought someone out to help. In all cases the would also go and get a drink for me, In my experience the help I have received has been exceptional.

For those who do not know I am a scooter user.

33 minutes ago, daiB said:

My experience of buffets on Ventura, Aurora and Iona has been far from that described above. In each case there have been the staff withe the yellow aprons helping. Usually I only have to appear in the servers and they come and help.They did not have them in the quays, but a simple please brought someone out to help. In all cases the would also go and get a drink for me, In my experience the help I have received has been exceptional.

For those who do not know I am a scooter user.

Help on Britannia and Azura for folk that asked. That just seems to leave Arvia. Not been on her yet.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I am a little confused. If you don't need help, no problem. If you do, asking may be useful.

Would you do that if you seen someone outside or in a Supermarket looking like they needed help think i won't bother asking them if they need help they haven't asked.

It's manners/common sense, talk to anyone who has had a life changing accident or Illness and they will tell you the same thing they try to be independent as much as they can but there are things they cannot do any longer and need help with which in my case was numerous Passengers could see i needed help carrying things but the staff couldn't.

Maybe the Consultant was wrong when describing me to the Junior Doctors he was training as having a Fantastic Determined Attitude to do things for myself.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I often offer to help, or open a door, or give up a seat and often get a very dark glare as a response.  You don't always know the right thing to do, so folk often do nothing. You can't will them all.

Agree you can't always win there used to be a little old lady living near me who used one of those 3 wheel walkers and when people offered to help her on or off a bus she growled at them when they were only trying to help.people have offered me help at times when i wanted to do something myself and my reply was always Thank You but i'm a stubborn old git.

Manners cost nothing offering to help others cost nothing don't stop offering others help who look like they need it cause some may have given you a dirty look.

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Yes sometimes people can be because they have decided themselves if a person can or cannot do something. The easiest way is watch if they are struggling to do something then ask if they need help not automatically think they will need help. Yes it's only people being nice but as your friend say's can feel very condescending some times when they have already decided for themselves that you cannot do something.

You know this was the last site which uses Social Media that i use but no more sickened by the amount of people saying 'just ask', no manners no consideration for others, would everyone expect someone to help them if they were struggling? YES but everyone else they see struggling wait till they ask.

As i said in a earlier my principle in life is took look back when my time comes to leave this earth and think i'm Proud of all the little bit's i did to help other's i'm Proud to i was not everyone's 'Cup of Tea' and didn't try to be cause in life some people 'click'' some don't but i was Proud to say i was one of the one's people could rely on doing the Right thing by them not just Talk about doing the Right.

Good Night Good Bye and all the best for the future everyone but with so many people saying you should 'ask' for help when you need it and when all those Honest Decent Passengers who could see i needed help offered it straight away cause staff did not must have been wrong.

Maybe all those thousands f volunteers around this country helping others in many situation should stop doing it until there asked.?

Sorry not my kind of people on here, i'll keep doing my little bit to help other's like i have done since before and after having my Leg amputated and as i said my life will not be all about 'what's in it for Me'.

Take Care.

Enjoy your future Cruises.

Actions are from the Heart. .jpg

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think the carer comment refers to the need for assistance in your cabin, which would need to be provided by the passenger and not the cruise line.

However there should be a number of waiters in the buffet wearing "Can I help you" tabbards, and I have often seen them approach passengers with rollators or walking sticks, in the past, to offer their help, so it is disappointing if this is no longer available.

There were plenty of them in the Horizon on Britannia, clearly wearing yellow tops. 

• Like 1