How would you get to LGA from Bayonne?

2 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Since Royal Caribbean isn't offering transfers to LGA, which would you do?
1.  Uber/Lyft
2.  Car service (like Carmel or Blacklane)

Thanks for the help.

Any of the above.

Please note that Blacklane will be much more  expensive than an ordinary sedan ride on Uber, Lyft or Carmel as Blacklane is a luxury product.  To do an apples to apples price comparison you would have to look at the luxury options offered by Uber, Lyft or Carmel. 

13 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Carmel is coming in at $141.50 with tolls and tip for a mini-van and Blacklane is at $166 for a car.  Uber/Lyft are hard to price because I have no idea what the tolls will be.

Just running Uber right now its $120 for an UberX or $150 for an UberXL. An Uber Comfort (most likely the best comparison to a Carmel/Dial 7 is $137 and an UberBlack is $158. 

Based on this, personally, I would use UberX to save $ but if you were considering a Carmel or UberBlack the difference going up to Blacklane isn't that much and the quality will be much higher. 

On 4/29/2023 at 5:07 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Okay, good to know, thank you.  I've had some really bad taxi/transfer service experiences in the NY area and just don't want a repeat of that.  If the Carmel car is gross inside (like it was the last time I used them), I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Try Dial 7. That’s who we always use when we’re in NewYork.

19 hours ago, marti2282 said:

Try Dial 7. That’s who we always use when we’re in NewYork.

We used them one time.  They argued with us about the transfer price and said they would never provide a transfer at that low cost until I got on the phone with their supervisor and sent pictures of the confirmation I had in my hands that showed the agreed-upon price.  Ever since then, I make sure I always have the confirmations with me.  It just amazed me they'd try to get out of their quoted price.

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

We used them one time.  They argued with us about the transfer price and said they would never provide a transfer at that low cost until I got on the phone with their supervisor and sent pictures of the confirmation I had in my hands that showed the agreed-upon price.  Ever since then, I make sure I always have the confirmations with me.  It just amazed me they'd try to get out of their quoted price.

With Dial7 and Carmel the driver doesn't work for the company-- everyone who drives for them is a third party independent contractor. So it doesn't surprise me that issues like this come up. 

• Like 1

Just now, princeton123211 said:

With Dial7 and Carmel the driver doesn't work for the company-- everyone who drives for them is a third party independent contractor. So it doesn't surprise me that issues like this come up. 

Interesting!  I didn't know!  Thank you.

5 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

With Dial7 and Carmel the driver doesn't work for the company-- everyone who drives for them is a third party independent contractor.

Which is why I find it amusing to listen to people complain about one base station's drivers and cars and swear by the other . . . when they're all essentially using the same pool of drivers and cars, the transportation providers simply jumping from one base station to another.

• Like 2