Testing Requirements Clear as Mud for Hawaii to Vancouver

prmssk

In mid-March, Celebrity removed testing requirements for transpacific and transatlantic cruises (with an exception related to Australia and B2B cruisers).  Since then my app and the e-mails I have been receiving have indicated no testing is required for my sailing (Celebrity Eclipse, May 9, Honolulu to Vancouver).

App Screenshot (taken today):

IMG_6895.thumb.jpg.7e1ef166b57ccce861a1420eca8b3a43.jpg

E-mail screenshot I received yesterday:

Screenshot2023-05-03at8_38_32AM.thumb.png.e6d19ab426aee6e14dde6e0aa9116090.png

At the bottom of the e-mail I received yesterday, there is a link to the FAQ.  When I followed that link, I was quite surprised to see that since that mid-March change, they have added language about my particular sailing.  The language in the second paragraph below was not there in mid-March when they eliminated testing for most of these voyages.

Screenshot2023-05-03at8_38_51AM.thumb.png.dc5fc24db5e36e104e7c0e5fa4013221.png

I doubt very many people are following the link and monitoring Celebrity's website especially considering we have been getting e-mails and the app has the information but I'm assuming we probably should test.  I admit though that I'm dreading a bit the chaos that is likely to happen on embarkation day with so many people unaware of this requirement.

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Be sure to put this is on your cruise’s Roll Call because that’s where passenger on this specific cruise will be looking

It's already being discussed there and most are dismissing it thinking that the Hawaii paragraph is leftover from when they did require testing (even though I'm confident it is a new paragraph - there never was a Hawaii specific paragraph before).

You don’t need to test to visit Canada so unless it’s needed in Hawaii I’d say it’s posted in error. If it makes you feel better you could perform the antigen test on your own and have that with you just in case. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, luv2camp04 said:

There is a live review currently for the cruise prior to your (Australia) and then your cruise.  This is mentioned in his 2nd post.  Testing Requirements Clear as Mud for Hawaii to Vancouver.  He may be able to answer your question regarding boarding in Hawaii.

The cruise prior to ours started in Australia so there has been testing requirements for that one all along.  When they made the change in mid-March, that one still had testing requirements (because of Australia) and ours did not.  Additionally, B2B passengers were going to have to still do a test in Honolulu even though embarking passengers were not going to have to (which did seem a bit odd).

We are going to do a home test in the couple days before our cruise just to be safe.  But I am very frustrated with the contradictory information coming from Celebrity and assuming we are required to test it is going to create chaos (and likely very long lines) at the embarkation port since most people will be under the impression we don't have to test. 

• Like 1

Thanks all but ... we are doing the opposite this fall -- Vancouver to Hawaii.  So far I am seeing conflicting answers.  I have NO idea how to get a proctored test in Vancouver, let along in Pittsburgh where we are leaving from.  All answers are appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Chardonnay Char said:

Thanks all but ... we are doing the opposite this fall -- Vancouver to Hawaii.  So far I am seeing conflicting answers.  I have NO idea how to get a proctored test in Vancouver, let along in Pittsburgh where we are leaving from.  All answers are appreciated.

You won't need any. Ignore it.

52 minutes ago, Chardonnay Char said:

Everything will be different in the fall.  I would be very surprised if any test is required.  But even if it isn't, they aren't requiring it to be proctored anymore and haven't for a while.  They are accepting a photo of home test results.

We did the B2B out of Sydney, March-April. We did the RAT test, took a picture and showed it at the dock before boarding. From my understanding this was a Australian government requirement. When boarding in Sydney for our second leg, a Covid RAT test was waiting in our cabin. In a  envelope, with no instructions on how to use. The note did so it was on the Honor system and call medical if you have a positive test. I expect a lot of them went in the trash. The last 4 days of the cruise, Captain was recommending everyone wear masks while inside and not eating or drinking. We came home with Covid. 

We boarded the Eclipse on March 10th and left on April 19th.  So our last two legs of the B2B2B2B were the B2B which @Azllama was also on.  

We were provided RAT tests on all three of the turnaround days.  The test were in an envelopes and we did indeed have instructions on all three turnaround days.  I don't know why @Azllama assumes  that "a lot of them went in the trash" as the accompanying letter had the phone number for Guest Relations.  If any one living through the Covid-19 pandemic can't understand how to administer a RAT test they simply could have called Guest Relations for instructions.  And we did not return home with Covid-19.

• Like 1