Diamond Club member: Dinner perk with four people in a cabin

Poki18

I had a question regarding the complimentary specialty restaurant perk.

The next trip we will be four in a cabin. Three of them are diamond members.

Can only one member + 1 take advantage of this benefit or can even any diamond member use it?

If the latter, can each diamond members invite the non-diamond member so that this person can attend up to three times?

The most recent interpretation of the perk may actually make you choose which one of the three who are Diamond may take advantage of the meal.  People have reported that MSC is holding it to two meals per cabin, regardless of the number of Diamonds in the cabin.  Not to say that you may not be able to wrangle a total of four meals (one for each).

Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner [Diamond]. Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner at a speciality restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded).  Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only if the cabin mate is not a Diamond card member. Privilege and speciality restaurants may not be available on all ship classes. Members under 18 must be accompanied in order to enjoy the privilege. Members are not allowed to bring any outside beverages into the restaurant. Privilege is valid in certain speciality restaurants only. More details are available on board.

The rule in the second sentence is designed so that a Diamond cannot extend their perk to another Diamond in the same cabin, then the reverse - thus eliminating getting two meals for two (or more) Diamond membesr in the same cabin.

In the OP's case a Diamond can extend their perk to the non-Diamond in their cabin, so if they split up and eat at separate times the non-Diamond could actually get three meals - one with each Diamond.  My experience has been that if they want to all eat together one Diamond would cover the non-Diamond and the other two Diamond would use their perk for only themselves.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

We are both Diamond and bringing our 11 year old twin grands on their first MSC cruise. Can we each take one to dinner at BC? At the same time?

Yes to both, each Diamond has the perk which can be extended to another non-Diamond as long as the non-Diamond is in the same cabin.  Diamond just can't extend it to another Diamond, so if two Diamonds eat a meal together (just the two of them) they are giving up the extension of a meal to a cabin mate and using up each of their perks.

• Thanks 1

I recently became a Diamond member and will be taking a cruise in 2024. I'll be sailing solo in the cabin (requiring me to pay for the additional "ghost" passenger), so what exactly would be my dinner options (2 or 4)? TIA

1 hour ago, CalGalTrvlr said:

I recently became a Diamond member and will be taking a cruise in 2024. I'll be sailing solo in the cabin (requiring me to pay for the additional "ghost" passenger), so what exactly would be my dinner options (2 or 4)? TIA

Only one Dinner for you. Its per Diamond member. I m cruising often solo and its only one meal.

• 5 months later...

I've read the benefit was denied on cruises less than three days but the current VC terms do not specify a cruise length for the benefit. 

Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner [Diamond].  Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner at a speciality restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded).  Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only if the cabin mate is not a Diamond card member. Privilege and speciality restaurants may not be available on all ship classes. Members under 18 must be 
accompanied in order to enjoy the privilege. Members are not allowed to bring any outside beverages into the restaurant. Privilege is valid in certain speciality restaurants only. More details are available on board.

VoyagersT&C.pdf