Have It All - Age Question?

2ferfun

So, this is our first HAL cruise! Considering buying the Have It All package but I see it requires everyone in the stateroom to purchase it (which we understand). My question is this: My daughter is 19 and she has to purchase it too.  This is a round trip out of Copenhagen so we are totally fine purchasing it for her if she gets to fully use it? The wording on the drinking-age for HAL says drinking age is 18+ for "select cruises in Europe". Is it safe to assume that if they are making us purchase it for her that she will be able to purchase alcohol (which we have no problem with) because its not really worth it otherwise? Thoughts?

The drinking age in Denmark is 16 for beer and wine below a certain percentage – and 18 for everything else. She'll be legal to drink on dry land over here, but I'd check with HAL to clarify what rules apply onboard.

Edited by ExpatBride

So, this is partially the problem...I have called HAL 3 different times and received 3 different answers. One said yes, age on our cruise is 18+, another said age on HAL is always 21 no matter where the cruise is (which is quite obviously not true) and another said "there is no way to know because its up to the captain so you wont know until you get on board". Which, again, seems not quite right.  I cannot imagine they would require us to purchase the package for her if she cannot use it so I am thinking she can but it is frustrating not to be able to get a straight answer.

2 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

So, this is partially the problem...I have called HAL 3 different times and received 3 different answers. One said yes, age on our cruise is 18+, another said age on HAL is always 21 no matter where the cruise is (which is quite obviously not true) and another said "there is no way to know because its up to the captain so you wont know until you get on board". Which, again, seems not quite right.  I cannot imagine they would require us to purchase the package for her if she cannot use it so I am thinking she can but it is frustrating not to be able to get a straight answer.

Well.. I read this thread and was curious as to the answer which doesn't seem to be obvious. If you can't get a reliable answer from HAL, regardless of what anyone on CC says, you are still in a precarious position.

If I were you, and wanted HIA assuming we all had it (including alcohol) , I would buy it, and if when you got on the ship they refused to allow it for your daughter, insist on a refund for her HIA. I don't see how they couldn't allow you a refund on a package you bought but then said you can't use.

5 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

"select cruises in Europe".

I believe it covers almost all European cruises except Trans Atlantics, which would have port calls within N. America, and calls to Iceland where the minimum age is 20.

The legal drinking age in most of Europe is 18 so I would be inclined to go for it.

We’re sailing out of Copenhagen next month with kids aged 18 and 14 and HIA. We were told that the 18yo will get the Signature package and the 14yo will get the Quench. 

With included crew appreciation, it made financial sense for us to do HIA regardless of beverages, so it wasn’t a deciding factor for us.