Best order to use the thermal spa ?

reveur15

I just purchase the thermal spa pass for my upcoming cruise on the Jewel. It is quite new for me. They offer :

• Thalasso Therapy Pool
  • cold plunge
  • hot tub
  • steam room
  • sauna's dry heat
  • heated mosaic lounge chairs.

I would like to know what is the best order to use it : steam first ? cold plunge then hot tub, etc... ???

Any advice will be welcome !

Depends on what you feel you need, but always cold after hot. Personally I go for the pool first and after that it depends what I need. I do know the stone loungers do not feel warm if you use them after the sauna/steam. 

3 hours ago, reveur15 said:

I just purchase the thermal spa pass for my upcoming cruise on the Jewel. It is quite new for me. They offer :

• Thalasso Therapy Pool
  • cold plunge
  • hot tub
  • steam room
  • sauna's dry heat
  • heated mosaic lounge chairs.

I would like to know what is the best order to use it : steam first ? cold plunge then hot tub, etc... ???

Any advice will be welcome !

The sauna, steam room, and cold plunge are in the locker room. The Pool (which is just a large jacuzzi), hot tub (which is a small jacuzzi), and stone loungers are in the coed section. 

Clothing is optional in the locker rooms -- lots of jiggly bits in there. You need to have a bathing suit on in the coed area. 

Sauna, Steam, Cold Plunge,,,, Pool or Hot Tub,,, stone lounger. 

I do it based on what I need or how much pain I'm in but you forgot the first step of the order:

Rinse off in a shower, first. 😛

My order, after that is Thalassotherapy, and possibly hot tub. Dry off and rest on a heated lounger. Go to steam room, then another rinse off shower and then sauna. I don't generally do the hot/cold thing because it usually gives me respiratory issues, which I am susceptible to.

Finally, I go take an actual shower and wash my hair in the locker room area, because the shower in my cabin is usually really tiny.

Thank you so much to all of you.

Of course shower is a must before and after !

I didn't realize that some are in the locker room and some in the coed.

So Sauna, Steam, Cold Plunge first. Then Hot Tub, pool and stone lounger is a good program.

All of them with bathing suit for me 😅

• Like 1

I have load of arthritis. I go in the evening. I use the Thalassotherapy Pool first for quite a good while limbering up everything.  And, then relax on the stone loungers  for 1/2 hr. Then sraight back to stateroom, take a quick shower and hop in bed.  Works a treat every time for me and makes the following busy day a great day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FinelyRetired said:

I have load of arthritis. I go in the evening. I use the Thalassotherapy Pool first for quite a good while limbering up everything.  And, then relax on the stone loungers  for 1/2 hr. Then sraight back to stateroom, take a quick shower and hop in bed.  Works a treat every time for me and makes the following busy day a great day.

how late is the thermal spa open?

On 5/6/2023 at 10:30 AM, redmomof4 said:

how late is the thermal spa open?

On Getaway, and I believe almost all, if not all, ships, it's 8 AM - 10 PM, except the first day and last night. It opens when sail away begins and closes at 8 PM on the last evening. 

As for order, here's mine (though I haven't had to deal with going into/out of different rooms (also, I would never subject people, other than my husband, to my jiggly bits):

1. Coldest possible shower, or the cold plunge if it's available

2. Thalassotherapy pool

3. Lounger

4. Sauna

5. Cold plunge

6. Thalassotherapy pool

7. Lounger

8. Repeat all day 🙂 

• Like 6