Cabin allocations - groups of 3 or 4.

WHY Carnival do you allocate so many good cabins to groups of 3 or more ?!?!?!?!

I just took a look at the Journeys cruise that was recently announced for January of 2025 out of Mobile.  For the aft balcony cabins there were 14 that were  available only to groups of 3 or more, and 6 which were available to doubles.  Now, approximately a week after that cruise was put on sale there are 13 out of 16 of the cabins still available for 3 or more, and only 3 out of 6 that are available for doubles.

What started me on this rant is that I jumped at the chance to book that cruise since it's an itinerary we haven't done yet (Aruba and Curacao) and we prefer aft facing balconies whenever we can get them.  I would have liked to be on deck 6, halfway between the dining room on deck 3 and Lido on deck 9, but I wasn't allowed to book any of the aft balcony cabins on deck 6 because they were all allocated to groups of 3 or more.  🤬  Of course we'll survive, but I just don't see why Carnival limits the availability of these cabins to couples.

They just opened up this cruise.  They want to maximize the amount of revenue they get from each cabin, so they are going to wait awhile and see if they can book 3 or 4 people into cabins that can hold 3 or 4 people.

My guess is if they don't sell, they will eventually open these up to parties of 1 or 2.

• Like 4

They hold them specifically because they can accommodate more people the converse side of that is anyone that had children sailing with them, or more than 2 adults would be complaining if these rooms that held the correct number of people were all sold out because they released them all to couples.

I will say if you have a PVP, SOMETIMES they can get a cabin released for 2.  It mostly depends I think how close to sailing it is, this far out maybe/maybe not.  I have had luck with my PVP doing this.

As Staceyglow said, if they don't sell... a while down the road they will release them for general sale.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2