Any way to set own default text size/font in our profile?

42 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

Title says it all.  Not efficient changing it in each message,   TIA …

What is wrong with the default? It is legible on all devices.

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

What is wrong with the default? It is legible on all devices.

We post on a Daily thread. One of the Daily posters asked “ the regulars” if they liked the new, larger font she was trying out. The majority of the responses said they preferred the larger font. 

So now several regular posters on that thread are trying to see if we can set a “personal, default font size”. Otherwise every time we post, we need to remember to re-set the font size. 

• Like 1

• Host Kat changed the title to How To: Report a Post for directions.

Howdy all y'all!

Any change in text size/font must be done on each post.

Please note the following from the Posting and You! section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Criti memberships:

Rich Text & Graphic Images
The use of these features on our message boards can greatly enhance your online Cruise Board experiences. However, postings that are difficult to read, too BIG or too small, too light in color, etc., may be returned to you so that you may repost.

If you notice a post or signature that is difficult to read, please feel free to make a report as also mentioned in the Guidelines:

We encourage you to utilize the reporting system built into the board system; you'll find a Report a Post icon located in the upper right hand corner of the posting. Use it! We will review the report and take appropriate action.

Please remember, it is impossible for Administrators and Hosts to read each post in each thread in each forum each day. We depend on you for help. Please see How To: Report a Post for directions.

Edited to add:

I had some eye surgeries last summer and my eyesight is still not doing well. I wanted to add that to help me see Cruise Critic posts better, I use my laptop browser zoom feature to bump the size of all text up to 125% or 150%. 

• Host Kat changed the title to Any way to set own default text size/font in our profile?
14 hours ago, Host Kat said:

I had some eye surgeries last summer and my eyesight is still not doing well. I wanted to add that to help me see Cruise Critic posts better, I use my laptop browser zoom feature to bump the size of all text up to 125% or 150%. 

Some browsers can set page zoom size for specific websites. I use Safari and have the page zoom set at 125% for Cruise Critic so no need to change every time or effect other websites.

The problem with text size, font and color changes made on Cruise Critic is what looks good on one device can be unreadable on others. There is a script font some have used which is somewhat readable on some computers that is totally unreadable on iPads. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 10:39 AM, Charles4515 said:

... There is a script font some have used which is somewhat readable on some computers that is totally unreadable on iPads. 

Comic Sans has been the culprit for years on these boards. It is the one that gets reported the most. Members like to use it because it "looks cute". Not so for many more other members trying to read it.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2023 at 8:11 PM, Host Kat said:

Comic Sans has been the culprit for years on these boards. It is the one that gets reported the most. Members like to use it because it "looks cute". Not so for many more other members trying to read it.

Comic Sans on my iPhone becomes a completely unreadable cursive font.

• Like 1