“LIVE” from the Infinity, MAY 15-24 Portugal & Spain from a first timer on the Celebrity board 🤗

niksmom630

On 5/15/2023 at 12:40 PM, niksmom630 said:

Boarding was smooth as silk. Probably one of my better experiences of all time. 

things are definitely different in Europe when it comes to the embarkation process. We were dropped off at the entrance to the terminal

and greeted by a porter. Who was wearing a suit and tie 😳

because our bags were tagged already, he told us to just proceed into the terminal . Once there, it was a quick security checkpoint, then you enter the main check 

in terminal. No iPads like I’ve seen on Royal but at least 20+ counter personnel who checked in with the passports. 

our check in time was 11:30 -12 . We arrived at 11:50, and were onboard and at the pool deck toasting our first beverage 20 minutes later. Would have actually been sooner, but we were able to drop our carry ons off in the cabin, even tho they weren’t officially open until 12:30 pm. Seapass cards were on the door. 

Terminal pics….first glimpse 

IMG_4698.thumb.jpeg.d7569d8ccdc072e6cb1e3cf988fd7ff2.jpeg

BIG  duty free shop

IMG_4699.thumb.jpeg.c3849013803aa097874227032691bd12.jpeg

tarts if you hadn’t gotten one yet..,,

IMG_4700.thumb.jpeg.3f60a7d69725b046eeeb35fd032c29a1.jpeg

happy wife….”happy life” … was the name of the terminal jewelers …..D+ for originality but an A for execution 😉 I’m sure they’ve sold a bauble or two 

IMG_4701.thumb.jpeg.bde737f14ef0d65ac59c60f27e3a26ef.jpeg

IMG_4702.thumb.jpeg.54ecdaf43256e6f458df239843d15a8c.jpeg

welcome aboard beverage station, and photo op…

IMG_4703.thumb.jpeg.906b084be3b8e4225945be57811d5aee.jpeg

Hi, what do you mean your bags were "already tagged"? Going on this trip this fall with my mom, and she's limited mobility so looking for all ways we can make lines or waiting shorter for her.

27 minutes ago, Freeing2B said:

Hi, what do you mean your bags were "already tagged"? Going on this trip this fall with my mom, and she's limited mobility so looking for all ways we can make lines or waiting shorter for her.

we printed our Celebrity luggage tags at home, and attached them to our checked bags before we arrived at the port. The lines  were not bad, but there’s a good amount of walking once you exit the terminal. 

see photo…. This walkway next to the ship was a good walking distance. Not “ramp” like and winding like the access ramps I’m familiar with in the states. 
IMG_4704.thumb.jpeg.a15ab74637e97cf793775258faeebbc9.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisegal415 said:

Yes! In fact the only things we bought on the ship were the add-on prices for our drinks, and our bill at check out amounted to a whopping $22.80. This included a $1.20 uncharge for something at Cafe Baccio twice and about 4 drinks at the martini bar.  Certainly way less than paying the extra charge per day to upgrade to the premium plan! But in the end, we came out ahead, because they cancelled one of our excursions (the ship arrived too late due to weather) and we had on board credit, so we left with them owing us $$.  LOL

thanks @cruisegal415! I never paid any uplift charges and I had many frozen drinks with Myers rum, which I know is included, but those type of drinks on royal are easily 12-14 dollars, so I assumed it followed a similar drink limit. 

good to know for my upcoming sailing on Apex! 

and ugh…. That delayed arrival in Porto was really unfortunate for anyone with a ship excursion. We just lucked out with our private excursion that they were able to accommodate our late arrival. 

I have read all the reports about this cruise. We are about to book the sailing October 20 from Barcelona to Lisbon, so the other way around. Probably a room with balcony. We have sailed with X in the past a few times, but I have some questions re the various ports. My husband can only walk short distances, if we use the shuttles in ports from the dock into town do they come more or less close to the centre and/or  e.g. hopon off buses? Any special tour, either booked in the ship or private you can recommand? We have been to Barcelona before and once did Palma in a rental car some years ago.  

I know all the reports are from some time back, but I hope somebody who made this cruise can answer my questions. Thanks in advance. 

Enjoyed your review; thank you. It’s good to know about a firsthand experience with FreeNow and the current taxi situation in Barcelona. We never had trouble getting a taxi last time and assumed it would be the same this time. Hopefully the extenuating circumstances you described were just that and not the new norm there.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 11:19 AM, niksmom630 said:

The many sight lines to the sea remind me of Brilliance which was always one of my favorite “little” ships

Just catching up with this, and THIS helped me make the decision as to what I'm booking when I'm on board Summit in a few weeks!! I was debating between 2 or 3 different itineraries (sadly not this itinerary), one of which is on Infinity. Radiance Class is my favorite of the Royal classes, so this makes my decision easier!! Thanks!

• Like 3