Navigator app — have you gotten Face ID to work?

Turtles06

I have an iPhone 13 Pro.  Every one of my apps that says it works with Face ID does so, except for HAL’s Navigator app.  Anyone else have this problem? (I did a search, but nothing turned up.)

If you’ve been successful using Face ID with the Navigator app, I’d love to know if you have any tips.  (I have Navigator turned “on” in the Face ID settings of course.) Thanks! 

53 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I have an iPhone 13 Pro.  Every one of my apps that says it works with Face ID does so, except for HAL’s Navigator app.  Anyone else have this problem? (I did a search, but nothing turned up.)

If you’ve been successful using Face ID with the Navigator app, I’d love to know if you have any tips.  (I have Navigator turned “on” in the Face ID settings of course.) Thanks! 

We're an Android people, but ran into a similar problem. (My wife came over to the dark side after being on iPhones since the iPhone 3.) We had to delete the app cache because the biometrics failed to set up properly initially. The secondary authentication did not go through. It could have been on our end, HAL's end or ours. I didn’t dig into the issue. Once we deleted her app cache, all was well.

The Navigator app has ben really iffy this past week or so. I sailed 2 weeks ago and had absolutely no issues, worked perfectly. After disembarking it would not update to my next voyage so I tried logging out and then back in. I was locked out for multiple days - when it finally let me in. I had trouble uploading my photo for this sailing. For my departure today I couldn't access my Nav Pass at all until well after getting onboard and dining reservations are not working. Mobile ordering seems to be up for dive in but not NY Pizza. 

Kind of makes me wonder if they are tinkering with it in the background. 

28 minutes ago, zgscl said:

For my departure today I couldn't access my Nav Pass at all until well after getting onboard and dining reservations are not working. Mobile ordering seems to be up for dive in but not NY Pizza. 

I've had the Face ID problem forever, but today the app says it "can't connect to the network."  This is on two devices, so it would seem there are (different) issues today.

Have a great cruise!

4 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I've had the Face ID problem forever, but today the app says it "can't connect to the network."  This is on two devices, so it would seem there are (different) issues today.

That is exactly the error I got for over a week. Tried on 2 phones and an ipad. No dice. One day it just started working again. 

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Have a great cruise!

Thank you! Looking forward to doing absolutely nothing for the next week 🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zgscl said:Mobile ordering seems to be up for dive in but not NY Pizza. 

I noticed that when the NY Pizza or Dive-in were extra busy they stopped taking mobile orders.