Regional Pricing - Why is pricing in U.K. cheaper than in the US

Lovelocomoco

1 minute ago, Lovelocomoco said:

But won’t that vrbo receive documents about the cruise? I know they send documents about the cruise so can’t that be a problem.

No, nothing is mailed anymore 

1 hour ago, Nicole&Pete said:

I’m from the UK and always check the price between booking with a UK agent versus US. I typically find that cruises from Southampton are cheaper with the UK agent and others are cheaper US, but depends on exchange rate etc.

I have had no problem booking with a US agent, but sometimes the price can increase for me a tiny bit due to my UK address but nothing like what I would have paid through a UK agent. It’s always worth asking the question. 

Did you use a random address in the US?

1 hour ago, Lovelocomoco said:

Did you use a random address in the US?

I have used a us address, random? Stays in it on a vrbo rental. I recently stayed in a. Vrbo in Reading, will that help

Edited by antsp

On 5/16/2023 at 1:06 PM, Lovelocomoco said:

I don’t know anyone in the U.K. Is it alright if I tell the TA a fake address or will they help me out with that. How did you do it?

Just use 10 Downing Street, London.   They will never suspect a thing.   

• Haha 3

On 5/16/2023 at 6:27 PM, Lovelocomoco said:

Yeah right now I just signed into the U.K. one and It looks like if I sign in with my account, it takes me to the US website. I think i’m going to have to make a new account. Will I lose any of my member benefits? Will this not count as my second cruise?

So you want both a new account to get cheaper rates by pretending to live in a different country, but at the same time want the benefits from your old account? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

So you want both a new account to get cheaper rates by pretending to live in a different country, but at the same time want the benefits from your old account? 

They are still the same person, 

On 5/16/2023 at 1:55 PM, startedwithamouse said:

Absolutely not.  It's just like Florida or California resident deals.  How is that unethical?  They're getting LOCALS to cruise. 

i've lived in florida and california. i have never seen resident deals in those places to be any larger than 10 percent off. and they count like 5 other states plus canada as residents for calif and not too different for florida. the definition of resident is very very loose for ccl for US cruises. 

My husband is from the UK, new to sailing, and I've just recently booked a cruise for us using my account (which has sailed before).  He tried to register as being from the UK, but for some reason it kept defaulting to US residency. Perhaps because I added him as my passenger on our cruise? IDK.

13 hours ago, antsp said:

They are still the same person, 

Except he is wanting to be both British and American at the same time taking the benefit from each. I wonder how he'd feel if Princess did the opposite and gave him the worst from each. 🤣

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Except he is wanting to be both British and American at the same time taking the benefit from each. I wonder how he'd feel if Princess did the opposite and gave him the worst from each. 🤣

Yes they already are giving me the worst price. I checked singapore and even they have it better. 🫤

10 hours ago, LN1Casey said:

My husband is from the UK, new to sailing, and I've just recently booked a cruise for us using my account (which has sailed before).  He tried to register as being from the UK, but for some reason it kept defaulting to US residency. Perhaps because I added him as my passenger on our cruise? IDK.

Yes, he needs to be the lead name in the booking

3 hours ago, antsp said:

Yes, he needs to be the lead name in the booking

Yeah, we weren't trying to switch the current booking over. He was creating his account on Princess, and it wouldn't let him register as from the UK, only offering US. We're going back to the UK in August, so we'll try again there.

8 minutes ago, LN1Casey said:

Yeah, we weren't trying to switch the current booking over. He was creating his account on Princess, and it wouldn't let him register as from the UK, only offering US. We're going back to the UK in August, so we'll try again there.

You need to use a vpn and clear cookies, or use another device 

Edited by antsp

7 minutes ago, antsp said:

You need to use a von and clear cookies, or use another device 

He was using a VPN, and had cleared his cookies. IDK, it was weird it still refused. But it's no hardship for us to wait until August when we're actually there.

5 minutes ago, LN1Casey said:

He was using a VPN, and had cleared his cookies. IDK, it was weird it still refused. But it's no hardship for us to wait until August when we're actually there.

Very odd, not sure why that would happen