Cabana Location Koningsdam question

Yes - people enter from both sides, depending where they're coming from.  At one time I've seen a massage table (never used) in #22.  I've also seen supplies staged in a cabana on the end but typically the smaller ships.  Pinnacle class ships have storage areas built into the design, so taking a cabana shouldn't be as necessary.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Are both entrances to the Retreat area used? 

Yes. Both have signs and are roped off, to encourage privacy.

4 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I see #22 listed as spa on some maps. What is that (I assume it's a massage hut, but I don't see it on every map)?

In April of this year #22 was being used for storage (and I'm pretty sure it was storage in August 22 too).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Do either of you have a preference of which number to pick? 

I prefer the ones facing out from the side of the ship vs the ones facing the lido pool roof.  Generally though I get the family cabanas, and alternate port & starboard.  If cruising from FL to the caribbean, on your way south the afternoon sun will be shining in to the cabanas on starboard side.  On the way north it'll shine in to the cabanas on port side.  The ones on port side are closer to the restrooms, but that's not a big deal really.  

Sue

• Thanks 1

So far we have enjoyed every Pinnacle class cabana we've had. We have been in #7 and #20 on the Koningsdam. I'm not a huge fan of the ones towards the entrances (door sounds, people asking questions).

7 through 4 and 16 through 19 have nice views are are quiet. The family cabana's in the corners are lovely, but expensive. The aft facing set are great if you want to mingle with the Cabana folks.

• Thanks 1

We are on the K right now, in #18. It's excellent.

#22 has some carts and misc things in it, looks like table-bussing carts. It also has those 6" wide, heavy plastic, vertical strips hanging from the entrance (as opposed to curtains on the other cabanas). They look pretty permanent. I don't think they rent #22 at any time. It's labeled "Spa" on the map.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2023 at 8:58 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Are both entrances to the Retreat area used? 

I see #22 listed as spa on some maps. What is that (I assume it's a massage hut, but I don't see it on every map)?

image.png.52adb77d8b944db6fe01fe3089ae5321.png

While both sides are used I find that the port side is slightly less trafficked as the main entrance is the Starboard side. You are closer to the restroom on the port side. I personally like anything from 16-20 with 18 being my favorite. I have always seen 22 used as storage (I think 1 also if I remember correctly). 

• Like 1