NCL air to Quebec

Topdog52

Topdog 52,  My partner are on this same exact cruise on the NCL Joy on 9/10/24.  We currently have the NCL package using a two day deviation to have time in QC prior the cruise.  The only information that I've been able to get out of NCL at this point regarding our airfare is that we will depart on the 8th.  My concern is that if they, do indeed, fly us into Montreal airport, our entire first day is going to be spent flying and then either taking a bus or train to QC.  NCL air deviation only allows up to two days prior the cruise.   At this point I'm beginning to wonder if we should just book our own airfare.   Have you made a decision yet what you are doing regarding airfare for this cruise?

29 minutes ago, JohnInPS said:

Topdog 52,  My partner are on this same exact cruise on the NCL Joy on 9/10/24.  We currently have the NCL package using a two day deviation to have time in QC prior the cruise.  The only information that I've been able to get out of NCL at this point regarding our airfare is that we will depart on the 8th.  My concern is that if they, do indeed, fly us into Montreal airport, our entire first day is going to be spent flying and then either taking a bus or train to QC.  NCL air deviation only allows up to two days prior the cruise.   At this point I'm beginning to wonder if we should just book our own airfare.   Have you made a decision yet what you are doing regarding airfare for this cruise?

I would take any information regarding when you will fly with a grain of salt. They could also book you on an overnight flight, arriving in the morning.

If it's important that you fly to QC, you should probably book your own. And know that flight schedules to QC aren't overly plentiful, so getting there on the date you want, at the time you want isn't always possible - which is why NCL uses Montreal.

2 hours ago, JohnInPS said:

Are you planning on flying out of PSP?  Is an LAX departure on the evening of Sept 7 a possibility?

• Like 1

We purchased the 2 day air deviation prior to the cruise from NCL since the price was so good and yes we are flying from PSP.  We fly many times from LAX but it's a hassle with driving, hotel, and then additional parking charges to leave our car there.  We may wind up only having one day in Quebec City prior the cruise but we're resigned to that.  

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2023 at 9:17 AM, Topdog52 said:

With some of the crazy stories about NCL Air has anyone used NCL? We are going Sept. 2024 from Cleveland, OH.

The price is about $540 round trip for Passenger #1.  Just to fly to Quebec is over $750 for the 2 of us. Should I take the chance?  

I am on the same cruise and traveling with a friend.  We booked our air last week and paid $435 each including taxes and insurance.  We are flying in the day before -Air Canada from Cincinnati, with a connection in Toronto before arrival in Quebec and flying home on Delta NS from LaGuardia the day of arrival in NY.

I'm on the Sept 25th cruise - Quebec to NY - you mentioned September and I may be mistaken about which cruise you're on.

Edited by mek