Tendering process

GACRUISER456

Has anyone experienced the tendering process in the last year or so?  If you are an independent traveler, do you have to wait for all ships excursions to get off first before they will allow independents off?  I’m looking at a tour, but would need to be on an early tender to make it.  If they hold me for 45 min or more waiting for all of their tours to get off, I won’t make it.   Thanks!

There is usually no problem getting on tenders.  In the last year I have experienced requests for independent travelers to get tender tickets, due to anticipated demand.  If you just explain you have an early tour, there is no problem.  Even when they used tender tickets I found they usually resort to "just go to the tender" after about 30 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Tendering is a hugely different process between ships with thousands of passengers and Azamara with ~700.  The tenders are the same size, but the number of passengers is so much smaller that the process goes 10x as fast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Onward last month. There was a tender port and we were not tendering until 10am. Even though they were giving priority to the excursion guests, we still managed to get a ticket for the first tender out

• Like 1