Alaskan made nesting dolls

madre2

I am trying to buy my grandchildren some sort of nesting dolls, or nesting animals from each place we travel.  Does anyone know if there are any Alaskan crafters that might sell those in Icy Strait Point, Juneau, or Ketchikan?  If there is a certain store, or street area we should look, please let me know.

House of Russia right on Franklin Street in Juneau.  They may have changed their name after the Russia invaded Ukraine, but it still exists with a similar name that excludes "Russia".  Perhaps someone who has been there this year can add to this.

I can't say for certain that they are made in Alaska.  I suspect not.

Edited by quack2
  • Like 2

They definitely had them in Ketchikan but no idea where they were made but they looked very nice. We are just off the Grand Princess and they were in at least one of the shops just over from the ship on the same street. I honestly didn’t notice them elsewhere but then I wasn’t looking for them. The display caught my eye because it was at eye level and each of the “family” were laid out individually in little rows.

I think that’s a lovely idea you have as a souvenir 🥰

Nesting dolls are exactly what my 8 almost 9 years old niece decided to buy herself as a souvenir wit( her own money from when we were on her first cruise last week… this was in Sitka though. She loves them. I’ll ask my sister if she can look at where they were made.

• 2 weeks later...

Those dolls are made in Russia.  In fact we bought them in Russia when we visited in 2012 on a Princess Cruise. We saw some in Ketchikan when we were there two weeks back.  Same as what I have.   These are not cheap by the way.