What CAN the wifi on the QM2 accomplish?

steve4031

15 hours ago, techteach said:

It takes a long time to run all of that cable through tight spaces. I wonder if this is one reason Stephen Payne has been on-board for several weeks. (I hope he stays on through June/July)

Stephen Payne was on QM2 last week but he disembarked in New York and is not on our return to Southampton.

Edited by majortom10

23 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Currently using Basic plan on QM2 and find it very slow when working and doesn't at all at many parts around the ship and definitely not in cabin or balcony. Also unable to download any emails since I left Southampton on 18th May.

Can you tell us what device you are using, and version of operating system?

Mercruiser's phone is a model released in July 2022 running on Android 12 or 13. The one I used last year was released 2 years earlier and was running Android 11. I've replaced it since because it fell out my pocket once too often onto concrete and the screen shattered!

Although I was happy with internet access I didn't manage to run that speed test successfully, whereas Mercruiser seems to be able to run it every day.

On 5/27/2023 at 3:26 PM, hihilo said:

GREAT to see a post from you------ I was in  canon city last week for the high school graduation, I would have loved to connect with you. I'll be doing the  world cruise on  QV in Jan of 2024, what are your upcoming cruise plans?? 

Hi HG! Sorry we missed you! Let meet up on a voyage instead, it been too long! Check our signature for all the goings on. Enjoy the WC! Loves!