Excursion Times

I have searched the Forum but can't find an answer to this question so forgive me if it has been asked before.

We are new to Regent and not sure of the excursion protocol.  Is the time listed on a booked excursion the time you are called, the time you have to be at a meeting place on board, or the time you need to be at a meeting place on shore?  If it's of relevance, we will be in the Caribbean February/March 2024.

In addition, one or two of the excursions require you to bring a towel - is it ok to take a ship's towel or should I pack my own beach towel?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Jane Mitchell said:

Is the time listed on a booked excursion the time you are called, the time you have to be at a meeting place on board, or the time you need to be at a meeting place on shore? 

It is the time you are to be in the theatre unless otherwise stated on the ticket. Some afternoon tours meet on the dock and the ticket will say that.  So it is the theatre unless it specifically says another meeting spot. As well the passages for that day will also confirm the time and meeting place. 

3 minutes ago, Jane Mitchell said:

In addition, one or two of the excursions require you to bring a towel - is it ok to take a ship's towel or should I pack my own beach towel?

I don't take beach excursions but i am sure that Regent doesn't expect you to bring a towel with from home. They will provide them. 

• Like 1

Double check your tickets when you get to your suite and the couple page description of the tours for your cruise.  Times may change, the activity level may change and the meeting location may change.  The correct time and meeting location will also be correct in Passages, the day before the tour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jane Mitchell said:

No need to bring your own.

Often they are available as you exit the ship for your tour, if you have forgotten to bring one from your suite

fullsizeoutput_14cc.thumb.jpeg.b4158038ff07cf75dca28345d3aa4ac7.jpeg

...................... and umbrellas are available for those rainy days

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

No need to bring your own.

Often they are available as you exit the ship for your tour, if you have forgotten to bring one from your suite

...................... and umbrellas are available for those rainy days

... And a bin to toss the used towel into as you get back on board.

• Like 1

Mind you, you should probably both have a big bag to stick the towel in.  The husband always try to hand off their towel to their wife, who does have a bag, but it won’t fit both towels!  Sorry guys,  I’m just calling it as I have seen it.  

Also and this just a thought to make life easier.  The towels are located as you go to leave the ship.  So what happens is everyone is waiting in the theatre to be called,  the cattle come running, towels are grabbed,  Regent key card and/or passport are in hand, also.  No time to put towel in bag, but you need to hold the cane, railings, get on tender, etc.  What we do is one of grabs two towels and the other turns in the tickets and we meet in the theatre and put the towels away to free up our hands.  Works well for us.  

• Like 2