NCL cancels Epic sailings from 12.1.2023 to 4.9.2024 for "Fleet Redeployment"

mpk

3 hours ago, di T said:

Thanks for all the tips and help,you guys are amazing! I’m gonna follow a few of the suggestions offered I’ll let you know the outcome.Dianne

Dianne

My responses came from:

euguestservices@ncl.com

I'm guessing that in Southampton. 

I think you mentioned earlier you had a case number from your original claim email. They have been very quick to follow up my original email maybe they need a nudge from you for a response 

Good luck 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GLYNAGP said:

Dianne

My responses came from:

euguestservices@ncl.com

I think you mentioned earlier you had a case number from your original claim email. They have been very quick to follow up my original email maybe they need a nudge from you for a response 

Good luck 

15 hours ago, GLYNAGP said:

Dianne

My responses came from:

euguestservices@ncl.com

Good luck 

Did you book direct with NCL? 

5 minutes ago, di T said:

Did you book direct with NCL? 

Yes l always book direct with NCL I feel it gives me more control over my bookings. I have what they call a personal cruise consultant who looks after me very well 

Just now, GLYNAGP said:

Yes l always book direct with NCL I feel it gives me more control over my bookings. I have what they call a personal cruise consultant who looks after me very well 

I book all our cruises with four different brands direct so I can add days in the ports before and after the cruise.

, Yesterday I had an email to tell me NCL would not help with refunding the flights as I had booked independent flights so must go through the travel insurance.

I had already tried the insurance before I contacted the cruise line, insurance declined the claim and said NCL were responsible! Today I phoned Southampton office, the lady I spoke too said it was an insurance claim and they could do nothing.Very disappointing, I once had a cruise cancelled through redeployment 

this was with Celebrity my independent flights were lost that time as well.But Celebrity covered my loss. Dianne

1 hour ago, di T said:

I book all our cruises with four different brands direct so I can add days in the ports before and after the cruise.

You can do that through travel agents as well and still have a cruise line package

Edited by insidecabin
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, di T said:

, Yesterday I had an email to tell me NCL would not help with refunding the flights as I had booked independent flights so must go through the travel insurance.

I had already tried the insurance before I contacted the cruise line, insurance declined the claim and said NCL were responsible! Today I phoned Southampton office, the lady I spoke too said it was an insurance claim and they could do nothing.Very disappointing, I once had a cruise cancelled through redeployment 

this was with Celebrity my independent flights were lost that time as well.But Celebrity covered my loss. Dianne

Time to up the game remind them of ABTA code and package travel regulations.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Time to up the game remind them of ABTA code and package travel regulations.

When I mentioned the ABTA code to the lady this morning, she ignored what I said and said she was very busy, and was there anything else she could help with lol

45 minutes ago, di T said:

When I mentioned the ABTA code to the lady this morning, she ignored what I said and said she was very busy, and was there anything else she could help with lol

Phone another one.

Check with ABTA what you need to do with NCL to satisfy going to arbitration.

Recently Princess made major changes and tried to stop people cancelling for full refunds.

1 minute ago, insidecabin said:

Phone another one.

Check with ABTA what you need to do with NCL to satisfy going to arbitration.

Recently Princess made major changes and tried to stop people cancelling for full refunds.

Thanks, for all your input! I have emailed ABTA and filled in their form.Received a confirmation that they have received it, so will wait and see.I’m very patient so won’t give up without a fight. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, di T said:

Thanks, for all your input! I have emailed ABTA and filled in their form.Received a confirmation that they have received it, so will wait and see.I’m very patient so won’t give up without a fight. 

If enough refer to ABTA  it could get their interest.

MSC got a fine recently. for not complying with code of conduct

• Like 2

1 hour ago, debbie2000 said:

Epic appears to have been charted out to another company during that time period!

I too was cancelled & agree that there are very few choices from January to April 2024, to use the 20% offer.

Epic has been redeployed during that period. It is now doing Caribbean cruises from Port Canaveral.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 8:43 AM, jsn55 said:

I do know that insurance people come to work every day expected to deny as many claims as possible.  I advise diT to appeal the denial ... in writing, not on the phone.  Never deal with this kind of stuff by phone!

Yeah, verifies the stories we've all heard.  Eager to take the premiums, but stingy when paying out.

6 hours ago, mpk said:

Yeah, verifies the stories we've all heard.  Eager to take the premiums, but stingy when paying out.

I hate that, too, but insurance is a business like any other. If they didn't get stingy, they'd lose money fast and then be OUT of business.

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I hate that, too, but insurance is a business like any other. If they didn't get stingy, they'd lose money fast and then be OUT of business.

Agreed, but sounds like folks here have paid for services they are not receiving.  Trip cancellation insurance --> trip cancelled --> but no service  😉

Maybe we should identify companies that pay out when appropriate, and send them the business  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mpk said:

Agreed, but sounds like folks here have paid for services they are not receiving.  Trip cancellation insurance --> trip cancelled --> but no service  😉

Maybe we should identify companies that pay out when appropriate, and send them the business  🙂

I agree with the second part, when we shop around for travel insurance, one of the things I investigate is how satisfied previous customers have been, and how much of a hassle it is to file a claim and be promptly reimbursed. But here's the thing: as far as I can tell, NCL has refunded all affected passengers, so the first thing a travel insurer is going to ask is whether the guest has received any refunds or credits. You won't qualify for trip cancellation insurance if the cruise line has refunded your money. I agree that they paid for services they aren't receiving, but they got their money back in full, case closed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I agree with the second part, when we shop around for travel insurance, one of the things I investigate is how satisfied previous customers have been, and how much of a hassle it is to file a claim and be promptly reimbursed. But here's the thing: as far as I can tell, NCL has refunded all affected passengers, so the first thing a travel insurer is going to ask is whether the guest has received any refunds or credits. You won't qualify for trip cancellation insurance if the cruise line has refunded your money. I agree that they paid for services they aren't receiving, but they got their money back in full, case closed.

DCGuy64, NCL we’re very good at refunding the money from the cruise in a very efficient time.But the flights were cancelled because of their decision, I tried my insurance and like as been said on here the cruise line were responsible for out of pocket expense due to the redeployment. After a lot of emails and calls I kept getting pushed back! Tonight I received an email from head office in Miami, asking for proof of cancellation and original booking confirmation etc. to be forwarded to them.They say they are offering up to$300 per person toward the loss as a good will gesture.Tomorrow I will send all the information I have to them and hopefully will be a happy bunny😊

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, di T said:

DCGuy64, NCL we’re very good at refunding the money from the cruise in a very efficient time.But the flights were cancelled because of their decision, I tried my insurance and like as been said on here the cruise line were responsible for out of pocket expense due to the redeployment. After a lot of emails and calls I kept getting pushed back! Tonight I received an email from head office in Miami, asking for proof of cancellation and original booking confirmation etc. to be forwarded to them.They say they are offering up to$300 per person toward the loss as a good will gesture.Tomorrow I will send all the information I have to them and hopefully will be a happy bunny😊

Well that's something to be happy about. 😊 I don't mean to pry, but what were the conditions set by the air carrier? Our last two international flights (from the USA to Portugal and USA to Japan) were done through airlines where we had a full year to use the funds in case we needed to cancel. I'm just curious a) what airline your flights were booked through and b) what remedies you might have been entitled to in case of a cancellation by NCL. I would assume that the airlines distinguish between you cancelling because you changed your mind, and cancelling because the cruise you were flying to, was cancelled by the cruise line. I guess it always comes down the T&C's. Best of luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

NCL has refunded all my money.  Rather quickly, I might add.   One thing is ancillary costs, like airline cancellation fees.  I guess the UK has some protections in this area.  I'm from the US, and I don't think I have any regulatory protection there.  Only thing is travel insurance.  Er... I mean travel insurance that will perform as prescribed when the time comes haha

2 minutes ago, mpk said:

NCL has refunded all my money.  Rather quickly, I might add.   One thing is ancillary costs, like airline cancellation fees.  I guess the UK has some protections in this area.  I'm from the US, and I don't think I have any regulatory protection there.  Only thing is travel insurance.  Er... I mean travel insurance that will perform as prescribed when the time comes haha

Yeah, I totally get that. I typically don't (or didn't, in the past) get travel insurance, but when we had reservations for a flight and an all-inclusive hotel in the DR back in late 2020, I bought some. And I'm glad I did. It took me two months to get our money back, but the travel insurance company asked a TON of questions. When did we pay? When did we cancel, and why? Were we entitled to any compensation by the airline and/or hotel? Did we have any other insurance we could claim? I had to email them copies of our itinerary, the fact that my wife contracted Covid 2 days before departure, which was too late to cancel and get any money from the tour company, I even got our travel agent involved. It was kind of a hassle, but we did get back our money in full. Travel insurance is only as good as the coverage it offers. I don't like being d*cked around, but there's a lot of fraud in the insurance business, so I can see where the travel insurance companies have to be careful.