Is Wind Surf docking in Venice?

new_cruiser

I think due to their small size Windsurf is docking in Venice. The giant ships are no longer able to dock in Venice for ecological reasons. Perhaps one of the most beautiful sails we have ever done is leaving  Venice  via the Laguna. Magical and a great feel alive moment. We are passionate for Venice. Happy Sailing

Hi, So glad you had a great trip. I had forgot the name of the terminal, thanks for that. Looking forward to our trip Reykjavik to Montreal. A bit different for us first of all it is north and on one of the motor yachts. Before that I will be up in your neck of the woods, Manchester-by-the- Sea, my home town. I am going to age myself I first saw Bob Dylan and Joan Biaz in Ipswich at the Crane Estate. The North Shore is as pretty as Cape Cod where we live now. Happy Sailing

19 hours ago, Strenz said:

I think due to their small size Windsurf is docking in Venice. The giant ships are no longer able to dock in Venice for ecological reasons. Perhaps one of the most beautiful sails we have ever done is leaving  Venice  via the Laguna. Magical and a great feel alive moment. We are passionate for Venice. Happy Sailing

When the Venice regulations were first proposed the size limit was higher and ships like Windstar's would still have been allowed.  But the final regulations are so low that I don't think anybody is able to dock in Marittima anymore [those ships that are small enough – river ships and cruise-yachts – prefer to dock at San Basilio].

59 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

When the Venice regulations were first proposed the size limit was higher and ships like Windstar's would still have been allowed.  But the final regulations are so low that I don't think anybody is able to dock in Marittima anymore [those ships that are small enough – river ships and cruise-yachts – prefer to dock at San Basilio].

Wind Surf seems to be slightly longer than the regulations - Wind Surf at 187 meters vs regulation at 180 meters. Also the mast height is way higher than the height limit. 

5 hours ago, Strenz said:

Hi, So glad you had a great trip. I had forgot the name of the terminal, thanks for that. Looking forward to our trip Reykjavik to Montreal. A bit different for us first of all it is north and on one of the motor yachts. Before that I will be up in your neck of the woods, Manchester-by-the- Sea, my home town. I am going to age myself I first saw Bob Dylan and Joan Biaz in Ipswich at the Crane Estate. The North Shore is as pretty as Cape Cod where we live now. Happy Sailing

Well, hate to say it, but if you saw musicians who are now as well known as Dylan and Joan Biaz at Crane Estate, then yes, that would have been a long time ago🙂  We waited so long for our first time cruise this month, and in spite of a lot of rain and having to bypass Dubrovnik altogether, we loved the Wind Surf.  Being on a sailing ship was very special.

I got my maps out yesterday. Thought the mentioned port was the one we went out of in 2017, it was not. I still hope the sail out was pretty. Passionate for Venice, anything to keep it clean and safe. Happy Sailing. Ipswich Chris, think it was 1963,64 or 65 when I saw them, I will be 75 in August. Time flies. 

We will be embarking on the same terminal on June 17th. What I am struggling to figure out is how to get to the port. We are staying at Hotel Dona Palace in Venice. I read that the Alilaguna Blue line would go to Marittima from San Marco somewhere, but their website shows that the schedule goes to a stop a whole other pier away called Tronchetto https://www.alilaguna.it/linee/linea-blu

Anyone used this transport already this season? Do they stop at Marittima Cruise port terminal even though it's not on their schedule?

10 hours ago, kellig said:

We will be embarking on the same terminal on June 17th. What I am struggling to figure out is how to get to the port. We are staying at Hotel Dona Palace in Venice. I read that the Alilaguna Blue line would go to Marittima from San Marco somewhere, but their website shows that the schedule goes to a stop a whole other pier away called Tronchetto https://www.alilaguna.it/linee/linea-blu

Anyone used this transport already this season? Do they stop at Marittima Cruise port terminal even though it's not on their schedule?

In May, we used the People Mover right behind the bus station at Piazzale Roma to get to the Marrittima terminal.  It's an elevated train which gets to the port in just a few minutes - the cruise port is the first of two stops on the people mover.  There were also many taxis at Piazzale Roma which advertised fares to get to the port.  Our hotel was an easy walk to this location, but this plaza is very close to the Santa Lucia train station which I imagine is probably one of the water bus stops.  

23 hours ago, kellig said:

Ask at your hotel. Note that a few of the stops will not be in use around Tronchetto and that region due to some bridge repair work, this most likely won’t affect you, but ask at your hotel for up to date local info.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen