Speciality Dining on Edge - refunds possible?

UKmum

We are fairly new to cruising and Celebrity so I'm looking for some guidance from kind souls who have more experience 🙂

Sailing on Edge in Feb and if I book individual specialty dining slots, I cannot see if they refundable.  I've tried searching the T&C's but they all seem to relate to the cruise itself.  I can see that "packages" seem NOT to be refundable but I am not sure if the term "package" applies to say a booking in Eden for dinner on Day 6.  I'm sorry this such a boring and obvious topic for all experienced cruisers but I was thinking of scheduling the dining now, in case it sells out, but clearly much of the trip is not yet planned so it is possible I would need to cancel/try to move a dining slot at a later date.

While I have your kind attention, if I understand correctly, Edge has 1 MDR but it is split into 4 different zones with separate menus, so even if we cannot get any speciality dining, we can still have a slightly different dining experience each night in theory.  Do I have that right please? 

Edge has 4 separate MDRs   2 are on Deck 3 and 2 on Deck 4.  You can the same menu items in all 4 

Specialty dining reservations an be cancelled with a refund if done ahead of time.

I’m not sure of timing but think it is 48 hours ahead.  Someone else will know the exact timing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

Edge has 4 separate MDRs   2 are on Deck 3 and 2 on Deck 4.  You can the same menu items in all 4 

Specialty dining reservations an be cancelled with a refund if done ahead of time.

I’m not sure of timing but think it is 48 hours ahead.  Someone else will know the exact timing. 

Sailed on Apex but only ate in Eden and not other specialty venue.   Will be on beyond and purchased a 3 night package.  Does not list which venues are included or excluded.  Any info on that?

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Thank you Jelayne!

At any time prior to 48 hours before sailing you can cancel by going to order history and simply select cancel.  It will be refunded to original form of payment. 

Once on the ship you can cancel either in person or in the app up until  24 hours before reservation. 

If cancelled on the ship will be credited as a NR Credit if booked with NR Refunanle OBC or a refundable credit if on cc.   

• Thanks 1

That’s helpful.  Similar question.  Once onboard, can you reschedule for a different night, without rebooking at the higher rate?

I would like to try the Rooftop Grill on our cruise in July on Edge, but would like some flexibility if the weather doesn’t look promising. 

5 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

Sailed on Apex but only ate in Eden and not other specialty venue.   Will be on beyond and purchased a 3 night package.  Does not list which venues are included or excluded.  Any info on that?

When we were on the Beyond  Fine Cut, Eden,  Le Petit Chef, Rooftop Grill and Raw on 5 were covered by the package.

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When we were on the Beyond  Fine Cut, Eden,  Le Petit Chef, Rooftop Grill and Raw on 5 were covered by the package.

Did you have any trouble making reservations for your dining package once onboard? I couldn't resist 30 % off the 3 night package but worried about missing out on Eden so purchased that separately so I could reserve my preferred time and date online.  Interesting note - Eden suddenly shows sold out but the cruise is not til March 2024

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

At any time prior to 48 hours before sailing you can cancel by going to order history and simply select cancel.  It will be refunded to original form of payment. 

Once on the ship you can cancel either in person or in the app up until  24 hours before reservation. 

If cancelled on the ship will be credited as a NR Credit if booked with NR Refunanle OBC or a refundable credit if on cc.   

Thanks Jim_Iain.  That puts my mind at rest. (P.s. Have been lurking the boards recently as I start to think about planning this trip. I loved your recent live thread - great info, beautiful photos and a real rambling community feel. Legend. Thank you for ALL your input.) 

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

If the specialty dining ever shows up on your reservation...

Ahem....

15 hours ago, jromeroslc said:

That’s helpful.  Similar question.  Once onboard, can you reschedule for a different night, without rebooking at the higher rate?

I would like to try the Rooftop Grill on our cruise in July on Edge, but would like some flexibility if the weather doesn’t look promising. 

We had reservations at the Lawn Club Grill on the Reflection and it was too windy for us so we cancelled with no penalty about an hour before.  

• Thanks 1