Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

Saint Greg, if you feel like a long stroll one of your sea days would you scout out Cabin 14202? You inspired me to book the Venezia a week ago. It is one of the cabins that is considered Interior but has a Walkway view. It appears there should be a mini stairway that takes you right down into the gym. DH would be thrilled not only for ease of getting to gym but he often uses the showers in spa and that stairway would be very handy. Ty. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Still like the chicken best. That pork sandwich has a good bit of mayo on it so if you aren’t a fan of mayo, you mayo not like it.

Pork with mayo, that’s new to me, maybe it’s a thing I didn’t know about. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

Saint Greg, if you feel like a long stroll one of your sea days would you scout out Cabin 14202? You inspired me to book the Venezia a week ago. It is one of the cabins that is considered Interior but has a Walkway view. It appears there should be a mini stairway that takes you right down into the gym. DH would be thrilled not only for ease of getting to gym but he often uses the showers in spa and that stairway would be very handy. Ty. 

looks like that’s going to be a crew only stairway. And no public access to the forward deck. Still not a long walk to the regular stairway that comes down by the spa entrance.

IMG_6829.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was also sitting in the sun so I decided to go for a spot on deck 11 where I can watch the movie. That too was challenging. Mostly taken, reserved or in some cases just wasted. Like there will be one person taking up two couches because they have two couches facing each other with a coffee table in between and they’ll push that cofffee flush against the other couch to give them more leg room. But then nobody can sit there.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

does the ship have those secrets deck areas in the front of the ship like on deck 6/7 and deck 9/10?

On 6 it’s like. Not a regular door. Watertight door I think. I don’t know if that’s normal on deck 6 or not. I’ve never stayed in a forward room below deck 7. I need to check out the other decks a see what they’ve got. Some times that waterproof door will be propped open and you can go out. Sometimes it’s closed and I’m not sure how to operate it so i don’t mess with it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

As we were talking about with the draft beer almost every bar has moretti. You’ll find some with regular taps and some with these machines. Those are basically mini kegs that slide into them. This is the only draft beer at the aft pool bar.

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.92f5f078229d449e7f98350504ba32ef.jpeg

Also the only draft beer at the plaza bar.

IMG_6757.thumb.jpeg.674e3b089c52b4fada1ffc3613a7dafb.jpeg

I've never had Moretti. Is it comparable to any other beers that you've had? Also, not a fan of Peroni. 😎

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I've never had Moretti. Is it comparable to any other beers that you've had? Also, not a fan of Peroni. 😎

Im not a huge peroni fan. I’ve only drank it in the cucina restaurants. I like this one much better. One of the bartenders was telling me it’s very popular in Europe now. It always comes out of that tap looking perfect with a nice head on it and it’s smooth. Other than that one peroni it’s the only beer I’ve had on this ship.  Not that they have a great selection anyway.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Im not a huge peroni fan. I’ve only drank it in the cucina restaurants. I like this one much better. One of the bartenders was telling me it’s very popular in Europe now. It always comes out of that tap looking perfect with a nice head on it and it’s smooth. Other than that one peroni it’s the only beer I’ve had on this ship.  Not that they have a great selection anyway.

Wondering if they'll keep the Moretti once the ship hits the states.😎

• Like 4