Another cabana question

afto

I have tried to locate this information on the boards but I failed - the search function is not very user-friendly.

We are considering booking a cabana on the Edge during a New Zealand-Australia itinerary. First time booking a cabana. I understand that the cabanas no longer include any food or beverage items. If we order drinks, they will have a gratuity added to the bill. So I am wondering what the 20% gratuity added to the cabana daily fee is for? I am not a person who would ever try to wriggle out of paying gratuities, but I am confused by this. What kind of service is actually provided to cabana renters?

Also, just wondering if anyone who has booked a cabana can advise if those couches are actually comfortable if we were to be, say, playing board games using the coffee table.

Thanks for sharing any insight.

Where did you see that?  Others have reported on reviews of both food and beverages included, 6 beers, water, bottle of champagne, wine or vodka.   We have 1 booked for later this year and if the price is for the cabana we will be cancelling.

When I click to book the cabana, the reservation screen includes the wording "Additional items such as beverages, menu supplements, food and wine pairings and gratuities are not included."  I, too, have seen reviews mentioning a lunch menu and beverages. I just figured that Celebrity was no longer including anything because I did not see a list of what is included with the cabana. I was figuring that the fee was just for the use of the space. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction; I am totally confused with this now.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Where did you see that?  Others have reported on reviews of both food and beverages included, 6 beers, water, bottle of champagne, wine or vodka.   We have 1 booked for later this year and if the price is for the cabana we will be cancelling.

• Complimentary amenities - four bottles of water, a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, and chilled towels.

It added that other food and beverages would incur a cost. I was also surprised to read that shorts and tees were not allowed. It doesn’t sound tempting at all!

If my memories serves me, the Cabana inclusions on E class are different than S class. Last time I looked, the E class cabana's not only cost more but included quite a bit more as well. The web site is terrible for explaining everything so you may just want to book now and check the minute you board so you have the ability to cancel if you want to.

I booked a cabana on the Beyond in March and it did include the 6 beers, bottle of Champagne or Vodka (we got a litre bottle of Tito's), they also had a small menu of food items that were included, burgers, fresh fruit etc.

The description on the website does not bear any relation to what you get onboard.

Andy.

I rented two cabanas in March, one on the Solstice and one on the Edge. We had the beverage package on the Solstice so we got a bottle of champagne but it also came with the 6 beers fresh fruit, skewers, and lunch.On the Edge we had a 1/2 cabana and we did not have a Bev. package so had a bottle of kettle one vodka  ,6 beers ,4  waters ,fruit skewers.And also 2 bottles of Evian facial spray!! 
I also thought the cabanas seat cushion and pillows were very comfortable! And the table in the 1/2 for 2 people would have room for a game . The full cabana for 4 was very large .

We booked a second day we enjoyed it that much.

35 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

• Complimentary amenities - four bottles of water, a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, and chilled towels.

It added that other food and beverages would incur a cost. I was also surprised to read that shorts and tees were not allowed. It doesn’t sound tempting at all!

Since the cabanas are near the pool, maybe you are required to wear a swimsuit 😳

On 5/28/2023 at 4:29 PM, thebutlerdidit said:

No swimsuits or coverups. You can wear skirt, slacks or jeans with stylish tops.  🙄 

Not sure where you are coming from but there is no dress code for cabanas.  If you can wear it on deck, you can wear it in the cabanas.  Geeze!

This is what it has listed for Apex (as well as smart casual attire)

"

Additional items such as beverages, menu supplements, food and wine pairings and gratuities are not included.

• All dining package are per person only and cannot be shared or combined with other promotions.
  • Cancelled packages are subject to full cover charges and there are no refunds for unused amounts.
  • Dining Packages Specialty Dining Package pricing include restaurant cover charges only.
  • Offers are non-transferable and not combinable with Captain Club discounts or any other offer or promotion.
  • Reservations are subject to change based on availability of ship and sail date.
  • Restaurant reservations are subject to availability, and reservations are non-transferable.
  • This is non redeemable for cash.

"

On 6/2/2023 at 5:15 PM, Lena11033 said:

This is what it has listed for Apex (as well as smart casual attire)

"

Additional items such as beverages, menu supplements, food and wine pairings and gratuities are not included.

• All dining package are per person only and cannot be shared or combined with other promotions.
  • Cancelled packages are subject to full cover charges and there are no refunds for unused amounts.
  • Dining Packages Specialty Dining Package pricing include restaurant cover charges only.
  • Offers are non-transferable and not combinable with Captain Club discounts or any other offer or promotion.
  • Reservations are subject to change based on availability of ship and sail date.
  • Restaurant reservations are subject to availability, and reservations are non-transferable.
  • This is non redeemable for cash.

"

OMG.  what is posted is not JUST for the Cabanas.  Please read it carefully.  It also covers specialty dining which does require a dress code.

3 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

OMG.  what is posted is not JUST for the Cabanas.  Please read it carefully.  It also covers specialty dining which does require a dress code.

I did read it. There’s no reason for the attitude. I just copied and pasted what was in the booking page with no opinions on the matter.