Just off Meraviglia May 21-May 28 any questions?

smokeykat

We had a wonderful time onboard the Meraviglia despite the late start because of the gangway problem.

I had a deck 10 balcony room fantastica package.

We did 3 speciality restaurants. Ocean Cay was my favorite. You must try their linguine with clams just delicious, Butchers Cut was just OK as there are better steak houses I have been to. We also did Kaito Teppanyaki which was fine and a lot of food. 

The buffet had a lot of choices and every day there was always something different available. They did a special dessert buffet at 12 noon on 2 days that was just amazing! Cakes and pastries chocolates all were amazing very artistic talented pastry chefs!

The pizza is the best out of all the cruise lines. Always 3 - 4 types available. They had an antipasto bar with the homemade mozzarella to die for! One day they had 3 different types. The cheeses and sliced Italian meats were so good. There is typical buffet food, hot dishes Indian dishes hamburgers, sliced meats etc, salads, pasta salads make your own salad etc. The buffet is huge!

By the main pool is a grab and go buffet with pizza, hotdogs hamburgers assorted salads and soft serve ice cream. Never a line there.

The meals in the main dining room were all pretty good! I was very surprised. Try the pasta on the menu that is available every day. The sauces are really good!

Next time we are on this ship I will forgo the speciality restaurants, thats how impressed I was with the food.

The staff and crew are all wonderful and they will bend over backwards to please. Everyone we met was a joy to talk to. 

The main pool does get crowded and there are your usual chair hogs but you can always find lounges.

Loved the 2 carousel paid shows. The main shows were just Ok. The female singers were pretty good but the male lead was ehh. The comedian was very funny too.

Most of the bars have a coffee bar and the coffee is really good. Cappuccinos, lattes and espresso. 

Leaving the ship today was easy. We did walk off and it took less than 40 minutes to line up, get off and go through customs.

All in all a beautiful ship, very smooth considering we barreled through a storm and there is always lots to do. There was music everywhere you went and I can't say enough good things about all the staff. I can't wait to sail her again!

If you have any questions just ask and I will try to answer them.

Edited by smokeykat
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RandomUser123 said:

Were there long lines at pool bars for drinks?

I was also on this cruise. No, the lines were not long. There were servers taking orders as well. On the top pool decks they even had a rolling bar with beer. Pretty cool and totally opposite of what I had heard. I'll definitely cruise MSC again.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

Were there long lines at pool bars for drinks?

No lines at all! The bar by the ice cream was always empty lol The other bars on the pool deck are just like every other cruise pool bar. There are servers walking around everywhere so no need to go to get your own drink if you don't want to. Here's a tip - if you have a lounge chair or one of the beds in the 1st row by the pool they are very strick about food and drinks not allowed there. Get a lounge 2nd row back and you are find to eat and drink.

8 hours ago, gizfish said:

Dreaded dress code question...did they allow shorts in the MDR on regular nights?  What were people wearing on elegant nights?

You can wear what you want just like Royal and NCL. I saw people in shorts in the main dining room and also dressed up. Elegant night just do what you want. Most people want to take pictures with the photographers and they dressed up for that. You can wear jeans, capris, ripped jeans whatever .

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

how long did it take to get served lunch on Ocean Cay?

Ocean Cay was great. We did not go to eat in the buffet. There was a grab and go line before you enter that had soft drinks hamburgers hotdogs french fries salads and brownies. The food trucks have no lines and have the same food with tables in the shade. There are 2 trucks just to the left side of the buffet when facing the building. The bar for alcohol drinks is just past these trucks.

47 minutes ago, KellyCz said:

How was your itinerary? Any highlights you want to share?

I have done this itinerary on other ships. I call this my just want to get away type of cruise. At Port Canaveral we did not get off the ship. It docks far away from where we usually port with RCCL. At the Royal port there are shops and restaurants, here there is nothing and you need to take a bus to get to the other side.

Nassau port built a new entrance and it's about time. The old chain link fence is gone and there are 2 new buildings. Stop to watch the 3d video screen with the turtle coming out of the screen. The buildings were not opened when we docked but I think the grand opening is this week. If you have kids or grandkids, stop in Del Sol for free changing color rings. Effy shop gives out a free charm necklace. No need to bring coupons from the ship newsletter. Just tell them you forgot it and they will give it to you.

Ocean Cay is beautiful. Don't go to the first beach on the left side as you walk the path as it is very rocky and you need water shoes, go to the cove. Beautiful water but no shade. You need to rent an umbrella here. Umbrella rental is by the buffet. Plenty of lounges too. I wish the ship stayed for 2 days here. They are still building on the island and we spoke to one of the officers that said there may be plans for a hotel in the future! I would love that!

Edited by smokeykat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

Does anyone know how to add pictures from a Mac or iPhone? Tying to figure this out lol

Attach files button, choose photo and hit it…worked for me on iPad. Meraviglia YC photo below

IMG_0365.jpeg

Edited by PTC DAWG

4 hours ago, smokeykat said:

Ocean Cay was great. We did not go to eat in the buffet. There was a grab and go line before you enter that had soft drinks hamburgers hotdogs french fries salads and brownies. The food trucks have no lines and have the same food with tables in the shade. There are 2 trucks just to the left side of the buffet when facing the building. The bar for alcohol drinks is just past these trucks.

Sweet thank you so much!

3 hours ago, smokeykat said:

I have done this itinerary on other ships. I call this my just want to get away type of cruise. At Port Canaveral we did not get off the ship. It docks far away from where we usually port with RCCL. At the Royal port there are shops and restaurants, here there is nothing and you need to take a bus to get to the other side.

Nassau port built a new entrance and it's about time. The old chain link fence is gone and there are 2 new buildings. Stop to watch the 3d video screen with the turtle coming out of the screen. The buildings were not opened when we docked but I think the grand opening is this week. If you have kids or grandkids, stop in Del Sol for free changing color rings. Effy shop gives out a free charm necklace. No need to bring coupons from the ship newsletter. Just tell them you forgot it and they will give it to you.

Ocean Cay is beautiful. Don't go to the first beach on the left side as you walk the path as it is very rocky and you need water shoes, go to the cove. Beautiful water but no shade. You need to rent an umbrella here. Umbrella rental is by the buffet. Plenty of lounges too. I wish the ship stayed for 2 days here. They are still building on the island and we spoke to one of the officers that said there may be plans for a hotel in the future! I would love that!

Is there any kind of golf cart that can take us or do we have to walk?

On 5/29/2023 at 1:14 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

Is there any kind of golf cart that can take us or do we have to walk?

There is a tram that goes around the island. I did see golf carts go by maybe they are for the YC guests?.

On 5/29/2023 at 9:10 AM, smokeykat said:

Tyvm

On 5/29/2023 at 9:06 AM, smokeykat said:

You can wear what you want just like Royal and NCL. I saw people in shorts in the main dining room and also dressed up. Elegant night just do what you want. Most people want to take pictures with the photographers and they dressed up for that. You can wear jeans, capris, ripped jeans whatever .

How many gala (elegant) nights did they have for the week?

7 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

How many gala (elegant) nights did they have for the week?

Only one gala night. It was the 2nd night of the cruise. Also there are lobster tails that night in the main dining room. Instead of surf and turf I had turf and turf.

• Like 2