Kingsday 2024 in Rotterdam: Will we be able to get a train from Rotterdam to Paris?

We are arriving in Rotterdam on a HAL Transatlantic on 4-27-24, which is Kingsday in the Netherlands.  Will the trains be running on this national holiday?  Will we be able to get a train to Paris from Rotterdam? Our plan was to do just that, and spend a week in Paris post cruise.  Will we have to stay in Rotterdam for a day or two before we do that?  Thanks in advance for responses from people with first hand knowledge of what goes on in Rotterdam on Kingsday!

Edited by donandmelissa

• donandmelissa changed the title to Kingsday 2024 in Rotterdam: Will we be able to get a train from Rotterdam to Paris?
45 minutes ago, donandmelissa said:

Will we have to stay in Rotterdam for a day or two before we do that?  Thanks in advance for responses from people with first hand knowledge of what goes on in Rotterdam on Kingsday!

Trains to Paris will operate normally, so you  don’t have to stay in Rotterdam for a day let alone 2. But if you want to join in the festivities, you can of course do so!

Currently...next month, Thalys no longer is a single train from Amsterdam to Paris. You have to connect in Brussels. Not sure how that might affect you. Not a big deal...60 minute connection. This appears to be a recent change.

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Currently...next month, Thalys no longer is a single train from Amsterdam to Paris. You have to connect in Brussels. Not sure how that might affect you. Not a big deal...60 minute connection. This appears to be a recent change.

Where did you get this information from??? There are still direct Thalys trains from Amsterdam to Paris after next month. Could it be you were looking at a specific date with track works?

51 minutes ago, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

Where did you get this information from??? There are still direct Thalys trains from Amsterdam to Paris after next month. Could it be you were looking at a specific date with track works?

Possible...June 17th. We are booked that day.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Possible...June 17th. We are booked that day.

There are plenty of direct Thalys trains from Amsterdam to Paris on June 17, so I don’t understand why you think you need to switch trains in Brussels. 

The main thing to note for the OP @donandmelissa who started this topic is that the direct trains from the Netherlands to Paris are NOT discontinued. 

19 minutes ago, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

There are plenty of direct Thalys trains from Amsterdam to Paris on June 17, so I don’t understand why you think you need to switch trains in Brussels. 

The main thing to note for the OP @donandmelissa who started this topic is that the direct trains from the Netherlands to Paris are NOT discontinued. 

Interesting. That is what the website offered me.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Interesting. That is what the website offered me.

Which website, as a matter of interest? I am struggling to find a connection with an hour in Brussels - and I would really hate to spend an hour at Brussels Midi, unless I really, really had to!

Thalys tickets can be quite flexible, so I would recommend you look to exchange to a direct train. 

1 hour ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

Which website, as a matter of interest? I am struggling to find a connection with an hour in Brussels - and I would really hate to spend an hour at Brussels Midi, unless I really, really had to!

Thalys tickets can be quite flexible, so I would recommend you look to exchange to a direct train. 

Thalys site. I looked again today....I  will review tomorrow to see what I can switch to.

• 2 weeks later...