Is Club Orange worth paying for on the Eurodam?

dalesyang

Since the Eurodam doesn't have a separate Club Orange dining room, I am wondering if it's even worth it to buy Club Orange for our cruise.

I am interested in buying Club Orange because my last cruise on the Rotterdam was a ***** show to get a table in the Lido.   Also I had to visit guest services like 5-6 times on a 7 day cruise and I had to wait in line everytime lol.  

• Like 1

What stateroom category are you considering? If inside, ocean view or verandah, Club Orange probably is worth it. You could book a guarantee, purchase Club Orange and select whichever stateroom you want in that category. Usually that will be less than purchasing the most expensive stateroom in that category. Signature suites don't have the variation in price between least expensive and most expensive.

Club Orange won't benefit you for dining if you have Fixed Dining. If you have Anytime Dining and haven't made a reservation, you do get the separate line to enter the MDR which could decrease the amount of time spent waiting in line. (With Anytime Dining we always make MDR reservations and don't have to wait.)

The other Club Orange perks may or may not benefit you much. How many ports use tenders? How much time do you anticipate going to Guest Services?

• Like 2

that’s a tough call and depends on what suits you and what benefits you will use.  the separate line up for MDR and Guest Services is a real plus as is the upgrade.

Some of the other perks may be of benefit if you are not a 4 or 5* Mariner.

I think you need to weigh it out depending on what is important to YOU.

Based on your experience on the Rotterdam, you may find it beneficial but remember Oosterdam is a Vista class so smaller than the Rotterdam which can make a difference.

I know I was glad I had it on the Koningsdam and have it for the upcoming Rotterdam cruise but didn’t bother with the Oosterdam next year but I am 5* and usually do fixed dining.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dalesyang said:

Since the Eurodam doesn't have a separate Club Orange dining room, I am wondering if it's even worth it to buy Club Orange for our cruise.

I am interested in buying Club Orange because my last cruise on the Rotterdam was a ***** show to get a table in the Lido.   Also I had to visit guest services like 5-6 times on a 7 day cruise and I had to wait in line everytime lol.  

Am I missing how getting Club Orange would fix waiting in line at Lido? CO is not for lunch, for example. CO doesn't have any advantage at Customer Services, nor most anywhere else where you might have to wait in line.

Waiting in line happens in lots of places, on all ships, any cruise line.

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Am I missing how getting Club Orange would fix waiting in line at Lido? CO is not for lunch, for example. CO doesn't have any advantage at Customer Services, nor most anywhere else where you might have to wait in line.

Apologies, I should have been more clear.    Waiting in Line at the Lido and waiting for tables to clear up at the Lido deck made me realize that I prefer MDR over Lido.  And since I like to keep things flexible regarding my dining time, I thought CO would be great for my needs.          I had so many guest service issues on my Rotterdam cruise.  They kept overcharging my statement and I kept seeing CO people go in a separate line straight to their designated customer service rep,  while I waited consistently 30 minutes every time i had to go to guest services,  which was like every day.   And all that time wasted.

• Like 3

I would guess that calling guest services from one's room would go more smoothly as well.  They answer the special guest services number really quickly with CO.  Sometimes the "hold" times are pretty long without it.

At least that's been our experience.

• Like 2

There is a separate line at Guest Services.  On Rotterdam for 26 days recently.  Never had more than 1 person in front of me in the CO line.

I had CO on N. Amsterdam last December.  While it can't really compare to the experience I just had on Rotterdam, with the separate dining room, I did purchase it for my Eurodam sailing next January.

I bought it for Eurodam mainly for the cabin upgrade.  I love my large interior cabins on Deck 1 on that class (and Vista class).

"Worth" is so very subjective.

• Like 1

On recent cruises my cousins were Club Orange, in Noordam last September and in Rotterdam in May. They felt that it was great and worth every cent on the Rotterdam, but didn't feel the same about the Noordam, on which the CO is in the same room as the MDR. In addition to the other things already mentioned, they felt that the concierge line on the Rotterdam was very effective, but not so on the Noordam.

We also had access, but our was through our Neptune suite, so not a fair comparison, as we had the separate concierge, which we loved and felt made having the Neptune well worth it.

• Like 2