Tea in cabin

Race Dave

Can someone please tell me what brand of tea is in the cabin. My wife and I only like Yorkshire tea and cannot function properly till we have had our cup of Yorkshire tea first thing in the morning. Thank you.

On all our voyages since Cunard started to provide tea in the cabin it has been Twinings.  Our favourite is Tetley, so we bring some for an occasional treat, but we are fine with Twinings.

We do not like brewing tea in  a mug, so we request a tea-pot from room service. We noticed last year even in Princess Grill that the full tea service as pictured was not provided. But our steward obtained a Wedgewood china pot and cups and saucers.  On another voyage in Britannia Club room service would not supply a china teapot - "Sorry, only for the Grills" they said - but a silver-plated one was sent up which we kept for the duration of the trip.

• Like 1

Given that Twinings have dozens of varieties, it's specifically Twinings Everyday (in yellow below), which is several notches less robust than Yorkshire. However English Breakfast is also available elsewhere on the vessel, in a slightly different shade of yellow, which is stronger. I don't think I've seen the red Strong English Breakfast which is probably more robust than Yorkshire Tea.

IMG_20230425_140747.jpg

Edited by Pushpit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neeuqdrazil said:

It's all Twinings, across the ship, but they do have a variety. I seem to recall English Breakfast, Everyday, and Darjeeling (or Assam?) bags on my last TA in November. 

We agree Twinings around the ship.  If we needed replacing,  we would even pickup what we wish from the Kings Court for our cabin's supply.

But we're happy with what was on board without having to bring anything on board.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Race Dave said:

Can someone please tell me what brand of tea is in the cabin. My wife and I only like Yorkshire tea and cannot function properly till we have had our cup of Yorkshire tea first thing in the morning. Thank you.

Take your own Yorkshire Gold. Nothing compares 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moses0 said:

Take your own Yorkshire Gold. Nothing compares 🙂

Thank you for your replies. A few bags of Yorkshire tea will be squeezed into a case. Have a safe trip to Southampton.