Website cart not loading

BrakeawayTakeaway

5 hours ago, BrakeawayTakeaway said:

Trying to pick our excursions tonight and every time I choose to go to our cart it just spins and spins.  Anyone else having this problem? Maybe Oceania website is doing updates? Already know their tech game is a bit behind.  

Have been having the same problem for a few weeks. Have done everything I know how to remove unwanted junk on my computer and even tried a different browser. Was hoping the system update last weekend would be the answer, but no change.  My plan is to finalize my list to at least get Olife excursions reserved by calling them.  I was advised by O rep in the past that we should always call and book excursions over the phone. They know their on line server is unreliable. Even so, its nice to go shopping on line and see/change options before paying.

• Like 1

I haven't been able to get it to work for weeks. Pretty sure it's an Oceania issue and not anyone's computer issue. I had to get our TA to do bookings and some changes. 

Same problem here.  And I've been experiencing it for weeks.  I've had to resort to calling to book excursions.  We're doing a long voyage this Fall so there are many excursions to arrange and I cannot do them all at once since it's a 77-day voyage.  Thus, it has required several calls to O just to book these.  It would be nice if they managed to fix this issue as it is taking up time for both their reps and the passengers.

Because the website is clunky and can be a challenge to navigate, I mistakenly double booked an excursion on the cruise we just returned from. Surprisingly, there was no way to cancel it online, which the O rep confirmed when I called.

I'd love to see Oceania update their web interface.

Been having the same issue for more than a week.  Called 800# and went into call tree of Neverland.  Called NCL parent company to report the issue and requested they create a service ticket to IT department.  Been 24 hrs and still no improvement.

Can view shore excursions, can select shore excursions, but cannot go to shopping cart to view and pay.  Interface needs fixed ASAP.

• Like 1

I have had the same problem for months. Sent several emails to the webmaster but no response. Really frustrating as not being able to book and see the excursions or drink packages you may want.  Oceania should get these problems fixed.  It might alleviate some of the stress on their phone system.

FWIW: I have previously posted here (about a zillion times) that the O website’s excursions section (and particularly the “cart”) is very “glitchy” (as well as being unable to do all the necessary transactions, e.g., book two tours per person on the same day, cancel tours, etc). 
In addition, the updating of the web tour contents is on a different schedule than the “shore excursions” PDF updates. Plus what an O phone rep can see in his system (perhaps the most “accurate” source of them all since it determines what can/can’t be entered into a manual transaction) strongly suggests that it is most efficacious to always do your tour bookings over the phone. 
We all know how complicated can be the combination of O Life and YWYW. And recognizing that even some of the best TAs can get confused with it, I always recommend that folks find one of the better/long serving  O phone reps and book direct. (BTW, get his/her direct contact info for future use) and always get a copy of the “prepurchased shore excursions” PDF!!!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 3:28 AM, Sebbiesgrammy said:

Tried again last night and was able to save an excursion and then load the cart on screen quickly. Looks fixed?  Also, website ways there is another maintenance outage overnight Saturday night so hopefully fix will be less glitchy.

Confirmed your findings and finalized my shore excursions last week. Thanks for the notice.

3 hours ago, MKEBoiler said:

Confirmed your findings and finalized my shore excursions last week. Thanks for the notice.

Despite your final good (?) news, the fact remains that the Cart is glitchy and the most efficacious way to book O tours is to connect directly with an O agent with whom you have had successful dealings. 

The cart has been very glitchy. I was able to get a few things through, but not others and in the same session. Now, whatever does not work, I just call. I mention it to whomever I speak to and say something along the lines of if you fixed this, I wouldn't have to call and you could deal with more important matters....

1 minute ago, nparmelee said:

The cart has been very glitchy. I was able to get a few things through, but not others and in the same session. Now, whatever does not work, I just call. I mention it to whomever I speak to and say something along the lines of if you fixed this, I wouldn't have to call and you could deal with more important matters....

Most importantly, it’s not so much that the Cart “has been” glitchy. Rather, it’s that the Cart “IS” glitchy - always has been and always will be.

The O phone Reps are fine with booking excursions. They get credit for everything they sell and excursions are very easy to handle. You tell them what you want, they plug them in  and then tell you the best way to book them (considering all program options).

Maybe they decided that in view of the new program being released next week it just isn't worth fixing??? 

From my perspective, the entire O Shore excursion program could use an overhaul. Aside from helpful phone reps (who have lots of patience with questions and changes) the program is not geared to satisfying customers or dealing with issues when they arise on shore. For example, did you know that the meeting time printed on your excursion ticket represents the last minute you must be at the meeting spot?  Even though you may have waited 30 minutes or more for all the other excursions to depart from meeting point, one day you could arrive 5 minutes past the printed time and you will be denied.  I learned from other seasoned O passengers that they might depart early if they are in a port where they might experience a delay (Mumbai comes to mind) and if you're not in the room when they call it, not only will you be denied the tour, but there's no refund.  They count you as a no-show.  It would make a huge difference if they would say something in advance.  So forego that last bathroom stop and always be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes early.  We were 4 minutes late, room was closeing. Dest. Services rep was still at the room entrance with her box of passes but she was rude and dismissive.  We escalated all the way up to GM and got nowhere. To make matters worse, when we disembarked on our own, the buses for our tour were still parked outside the terminal and almost empty.  Afterwards DS staff member actually told us we could have just gotten on the bus anyway.  Really??  They must really hate having to enforce such ridiculous rules. I really understand, after one long O voyage, why so many veteran O travelers book private excursions. If you  give a private tour a bad review they lose business but if you register a complaint on O, it goes nowhere. This forum is the only place to vent and warn people.  Sorry to vent on everyone.