Emergency Contact info.

DreadPirateRobert

The info posted above seems to be just for Day of Travel for those embarking in Barcelona. 

Cruise lines typically have a general number to leave for family to be able to contact the ship in the even of an emergency.  Usually the family member would need to give the operator the Ship Name, sail date and cabin number and a credit card to bill, as far as I’ve read.  

Here’s what @uktog reported on another thread:

“The international number I have for Journey is (732) 335-3297.  That was the number I left for family emergency contact last year”

@fruitmachine replied with further useful details: “Just to add, that's a standard US number. So add 001 to the start from a UK landline, or +1 from a mobile.  They take a credit card number off you, and bill that for the satellite phone charge.”

I have no personal experience with Azamara on this. Usually there is a single phone number to use for all ships. My recollection is that other cruise lines typically list the Ship’s contact number to leave with families in the set sail/cruise documents.  *IF* you received such documents, I would check to confirm if the above number is correct for your ship.

Edited by JaneStarr
To add info

16 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

The info posted above seems to be just for Day of Travel for those embarking in Barcelona. 

Cruise lines typically have a general number to leave for family to be able to contact the ship in the even of an emergency.  Usually the family member would need to give the operator the Ship Name, sail date and cabin number and a credit card to bill, as far as I’ve read.  

Here’s what @uktog reported on another thread:

“The international number I have for Journey is (732) 335-3297.  That was the number I left for family emergency contact last year”

@fruitmachine replied with further useful details: “Just to add, that's a standard US number. So add 001 to the start from a UK landline, or +1 from a mobile.  They take a credit card number off you, and bill that for the satellite phone charge.”

I have no personal experience with Azamara on this. Usually there is a single phone number to use for all ships. My recollection is that other cruise lines typically list the Ship’s contact number to leave with families in the set sail/cruise documents.  *IF* you received such documents, I would check to confirm if the above number is correct for your ship.

I think all Azamara ships are the same number. You have to give the ship's name and your card details to get connected. 

• Like 1

Just now, fruitmachine said:

I think all Azamara ships are the same number. You have to give the ship's name and your card details to get connected. 

That matches what I’ve experienced on other cruise lines.

Phone

Friends or family can reach you 24 hours a day via Azamara's Satellite Service. Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (866) 459-8990. From outside the United States, they can call (732) 335-3297. The cost is USD $7.95 a minute and can be charged to American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover® or Diners Club®. From outside the U.S., additional long distance charges apply.

Email

If you have an emergency situation where you need to reach any of our guests while they're onboard, please send an email to JourneyGuestEmergency@Azamara.com or QuestGuestEmergency@Azamara.com or PursuitGuestEmergency@Azamara.com. Please limit use of these email addresses to emergencies only.

Sending And Receiving Mail

You'll be able to mail postcards and letters from various ports of call. Our Guest Relations staff can tell you how, when and where to post mail. Remember, in most cases you will probably arrive home before your mail. If incoming mail is received in port, it will be delivered to your stateroom as soon as possible.

You can find this under "booked guests" stay connected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully, this hasn’t been changed since Onward joined the fleet. Hope this isn’t a Royal Caribbean number (like ChoiceAir)

I see they don’t list an email address for Onward, although it would be easy enough to make an educated guess.

Edited by JaneStarr

• 3 months later...

Hope this helps.  Maybe it's case sensitive?

Phone

Friends or family can reach you 24 hours a day via Azamara's Satellite Service. Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (866) 459-8990. From outside the United States, they can call (732) 335-3297. The cost is USD $7.95 a minute and can be charged to American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover® or Diners Club®. From outside the U.S., additional long distance charges apply.

Email

If you have an emergency situation where you need to reach any of our guests while they're onboard, please send an email to JourneyGuestEmergency@Azamara.com or QuestGuestEmergency@Azamara.com or PursuitGuestEmergency@Azamara.comPlease limit use of these email addresses to emergencies only.

Edited by Travels with Lisa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

@fruitmachine I don’t have one in my notes for this trip, just an emergency phone contact. I am

just getting back from AzAmazing evening but if this is urgent, tag me again and I’ll stop by the guest relations and ask as soon as I’m onboard.

No rush, we're joining on Saturday and just wanted to leave the right address with relatives.  In April on Journey the details wee in the ring binder in the room.

Edited by fruitmachine

1 hour ago, Travels with Lisa said:

Hope this helps.  Maybe it's case sensitive?

Phone

Email

If you have an emergency situation where you need to reach any of our guests while they're onboard, please send an email to JourneyGuestEmergency@Azamara.com or QuestGuestEmergency@Azamara.com or PursuitGuestEmergency@Azamara.comPlease limit use of these email addresses to emergencies only.

Thanks, but as you can see, this doesn't mention Onward and a similar format doesn't work.  Email addresses are never case sensitive.

I'm just trying to be efficient before we join the ship on Saturday, leaving the correct address with relatives.

8 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

No rush, we're joining on Saturday and just wanted to leave the right address with relatives.  In April on Journey the details wee in the ring binder in the room.

Yeah I looked there but didn’t see any listing of emergency contact info. I’ll swing by guest services today and ask.

• Like 1