A place where you can catch your own salmon and they ship it home to you?

stephwef

Hi everyone - my husband heard about a company or place  (sorry for fuzzy details - this is what I have to go on!) in Alaska that you can go to where you can catch your own salmon and then they will ship it home to you.

Does anyone know of any companies like this and whether its available in Ketchikan, Skagway or Juneau toward end of June?

TIA for any suggestions!

Sockeye and silver salmon are the 2 salmons mostly caught up there. If you're talking ocean fishing there is a large variety of fish to be caught. Also consider the price of having the fish processed and shipped home. It is very pricey !

Jumping on the thread, but not trying to hijack it.  Does Royal have any fishing excursions that allow you to bring your catch back onboard to be cooked for your supper that night?  I've heard of such things, or maybe I just imagined I heard it.

Thanks

On 6/15/2023 at 5:51 AM, LEMJMcC said:

Jumping on the thread, but not trying to hijack it.  Does Royal have any fishing excursions that allow you to bring your catch back onboard to be cooked for your supper that night?  I've heard of such things, or maybe I just imagined I heard it.

Thanks

Princess do this (exclusively among the mainstream lines at the time they launched it, but others may have jumped on the bandwagon since - it should be listed in your available excursions if it's A Thing on Royal...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 1:49 PM, stephwef said:

Hi everyone - my husband heard about a company or place  (sorry for fuzzy details - this is what I have to go on!) in Alaska that you can go to where you can catch your own salmon and then they will ship it home to you.

Does anyone know of any companies like this and whether its available in Ketchikan, Skagway or Juneau toward end of June?

TIA for any suggestions!

My husband did this in Ketchikan through a Princess excursion. I can't be sure of the name of the company, but I just googled "Ketchikan fishing charter" and Fish Finder looks familiar. But as I say it was booked through Princess. Many of the participants did not want to pay to have their fish shipped home, so my husband took it, as well as the fish he caught!! They held it and shipped it to arrive after we got back home. We had a LOT of salmon, which we both enjoyed!! Fantastic!

• Like 1

We "purchased" some fresh-caught salmon in Ketchikan, just off the boat.  They fileted, froze, vacuum-packed & then shipped it home.

A word of caution: Next-Day shipping will be used due to the perishable nature of the contents.  There may also be an up-charge if they use dry ice... even with a FedEx discount, overnight is still expensive; but the salmon was worth it!