Deck plans as related to The Yacht Club

scamper

This question might take some thought, but I have made some random searches on various cruises/ships on the website and it seems when The Yacht Club is very close to being sold out the only accomodations that are available are immediately adjacent to either the Yacht Club lounge or restaurant.  It's hard to determine by the deck plan if the door to that public room right is next to the door to the stateroom.  That would be an issue for me due to the possible noise factor.  Also, I can't help but wonder if, even with both doors closed, chatter and other sounds can be heard through the common wall.  The fact that on a couple of these random bookings the only room(s) that is/are available are right next to the lounge or restaurant indicate to me that these are not desirable locations.  

Our last cruise on Meraviglia in the YC we were in the most forward cabin on deck 16 and never heard a thing from the lounge or from anywhere. I'd have no issues booking again. In fact, there was a door at the end of the hallway leading right into the lounge that was very convenient. 

• Like 1

We pick cabins with the shortest route to amenities when we can.

On Virtuosa the cabins in the corners that are next to door look very convenient, the seats against wall are probably the least used in the lounge people use them when they want a bit of privacy.

hardly see peole using the door just those in the few cabins along the corridor

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

Our last cruise on Meraviglia in the YC we were in the most forward cabin on deck 16 and never heard a thing from the lounge or from anywhere. I'd have no issues booking again. In fact, there was a door at the end of the hallway leading right into the lounge that was very convenient. 

Excellent, I board Mera in a couple of weeks in 16002 - Was worried about the lounge.. Thanks

46 minutes ago, ravensrockdc said:

Excellent, I board Mera in a couple of weeks in 16002 - Was worried about the lounge.. Thanks

Just checked the past trips section on my TripIt app. We were in 16001 on Mera. Would definitely book that room again.

I was in 16001 on Meraviglia did not experience any noise from the lounge. Leavng our cabin door making a left there is like 10 to 15 or more feet. You have the bathroom access door to the sink and toilet and even more space before the door to the lounge. 

This is also the side the piano is on and we also had a guitar player and sax player and no noise bothered us that we heard.

I loved the easy access from the lounge to my cabin and bathroom 😉!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2023 at 11:05 AM, ravensrockdc said:

would love an update of your experience in 02 as i just booked it. looking forward to no noise and yet quick lounge access. seems like a premium room to me!

45 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

would love an update of your experience in 02 as i just booked it. looking forward to no noise and yet quick lounge access. seems like a premium room to me!

This was a great cabin. Very accessible. If you go right out of the cabin, you go directly to the Lounge. If you go left, but take the first right, that hallway of inside cabins leads to the hallway just outside of the Lounge. Here a a link to the video I posted of the cabin and the balcony..

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 9:08 AM, scamper said:

This question might take some thought, but I have made some random searches on various cruises/ships on the website and it seems when The Yacht Club is very close to being sold out the only accomodations that are available are immediately adjacent to either the Yacht Club lounge or restaurant.  It's hard to determine by the deck plan if the door to that public room right is next to the door to the stateroom.  That would be an issue for me due to the possible noise factor.  Also, I can't help but wonder if, even with both doors closed, chatter and other sounds can be heard through the common wall.  The fact that on a couple of these random bookings the only room(s) that is/are available are right next to the lounge or restaurant indicate to me that these are not desirable locations.  

I understand your issue but I use cruisedeckplans.com and have not had this issue.  Doors are shown as openings and walls are shown as lines.  

• Thanks 1