Seattle - US Customs/Immigration

tonymc

Hi,

We are booked onto Discovery Princess next April/May, departing from Vancouver and returning to Seattle.

I'm just wanting to check if there will be a full customs/immigration check on arrival in Seattle? When we last took a cruise in the US (Tampa to Cozumel and return), we were invited to meet with immigration at an early hour, and TBH we were all processed fairly quickly. Fingers crossed it will be the same next year!!!

Many thanks.

Even if you are sailing to Alaska from Vancouver you go through US immigration in Canada Place before boarding the ship.  That is the slowest part of boarding there.  Expect a lot of escalators as you process onto the ship.

17 hours ago, tonymc said:

That's great to hear, as we don't have a great deal of "slack" between our arrival time into Seattle and our flight. Many thanks for the reply - extremely grateful.

This is probably the most concerning issue. Sea-Tac can be very busy on cruise ship days.

18 hours ago, tonymc said:

That's great to hear, as we don't have a great deal of "slack" between our arrival time into Seattle and our flight. Many thanks for the reply - extremely grateful.

What time is your flight? Before 11:30 for an international flight is going to be interesting...

Apologies everyone - have been off-line for most of the day - and many thanks for taking the time to offer the advice.

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Since the OP is from the UK, I doubt they have either…. EM

You are indeed correct - I'm not in the Global Entry Programme of Nexus.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

This is probably the most concerning issue. Sea-Tac can be very busy on cruise ship days.

27 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

What time is your flight? Before 11:30 for an international flight is going to be interesting...

Our flight is at 14:50, SEA to LHR. When I was booking it, I misheard and thought the agent had said 4:50......!!

Unfortunately, as I am using Virgin Points and a Companion Voucher, I can't change it to a later flight. I had seen one via LAX leaving at 17:50, but was told the voucher can't be used on Delta operated flights, so hoping that things will go smoothly!! Our only other option would be to change the flight to the following day, but this would be tight for getting back into work on the Monday.

Is it possible to request an early disembarkation time at all?

Many thanks again for your time.