Seattle Restaurant Recs

I am being lazy.  We have a group of 6 leaving out of Seattle.   We are looking for the perfect place to go out the dinner before the cruise.  Need a fun place with Oysters on the menu.  We are all staying in different hotels but are close to the downtown area.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

I'd go with the White Swan Public House, located on the Lake Union waterfront.  You can ride the streetcar from Westlake to the Fairview & Campus Drive (final) stop, from which it's a short walk to the restaurant (or else it's a cheap cab or Uber ride from downtown.)  Great food and atmosphere.

The White Swan Public House

Map - https://goo.gl/maps/xLw7yGV3kWabLK9e9

Taylor Shellfish at Seattle Center.  Taylor is a Puget Sound shellfish farm producer.  Highly likely to be the provider for many of the other venues.

Shaker and Spear it the Klimpton Hotel

Emmet Watsons at The Market (Pike Place)

Elliotts Oyster House at Pier 55/56 south of the Aquarium

19 hours ago, notatubaplayer said:

We are looking for the perfect place to go out the dinner before the cruise.  Need a fun place with Oysters on the menu.

If you have any carnivores in the group the Metropolitan Grill is one of my favorites. Always have oysters and shellfish platters on the menu and the rest of their menu is delicious-- great selection of steaks and seafood. 

For a classic Seattle oyster house that's more seafood forward than the Metropolitan Grill try Shuckers at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. Beautiful old space that survived intact from their recent renovation. 

• Like 1

Elliott’s Oyster House seems like an easy, obvious answer. I like Shuckers better, but for visitors, the Elliott’s Oyster House atmosphere is hard to beat.

I like Emmett Watson's Oyster Bar, but the menu is more limited.

Any thoughts on the 5 Point?  We're staying the night before our August Quantum cruise at the Fairfield Inn on 7th and John...and were looking for something, close by, casual and relatively inexpensive within close walking distance.  The menu at 5 point intrigued me.  Sounded like fun....but I've never been there before.

https://www.the5pointcafe.com/main-menu

We were headed to breakfast at the 5 Point a few weeks ago although snagged a couple of seats at Tilikum next door due to a cancellation. There were 15 or so folks waiting to get into the 5 Point. Be prepared.

I think the menu for the 5 Point tells you what you need to know. It is a Seattle Icon.   Down to earth with no pretension to healthfulness.  Anything fried made with lard or butter, yes please, they will taste awesome.  If I could only eat one meal out, a good breakfast always makes me happy.  Tilikum Place ( across the street to west)  is also good, but a bit more upscale.  The menu rotates and seating is limited Brunch on the weekend only no weekday Bfast  They do have Dutch Babies which always makes me happy

If you can’t get into 5 Point, and you won’t get into Tilikum without a reservation, continue to 4th Ave and turn left. One block down is a french bakery. I can’t find it on g.maps, but it is there and it is good. It is not as sit down as the others and there are eggs and bacon. Since you’re sailing on a Monday the restaurants around Amazon would be open, but it is a longer walk.

Was at the 5 point in 2017 so not sure how its changed post covid but it was a blast. Went for Happy Hour with hubby and sons( 18 and 23 at the time) and we all thought that yes it was a total dive but the idea of mac n Cheese/ Burgers, wings etc for the price was fantastic. Filled my guys.