Alcoholic drinks when dining

Peter Lanky

23 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

The prices on this menu are outdated. 

On Riviera this winter the Cloudy Bay was $80.00 and the Villa Maria was $55.00. Small increases but the list looks the same. 

They are sample menus  from O website

they may not have the same  menu on each ship

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 7:12 PM, PhD-iva said:

BYOB! And pay a $25 corkage fee to drink the wine at any restaurant, or consume it free in your stateroom. Then, there are 2 opportunities to purchase “2 for 1” drinks during happy hour. My double vodka cranberry costs about $13 during HH. 
This is why I love O, we’ll have to see what happens going forward……

PS, the included wines on offer within the package are not the “premium” wines their marketing folks rave about. JMO.

Can you tell me what wine by the glass costs?  And there's a 20% service charge?

9 minutes ago, emckeeve said:

Can you tell me what wine by the glass costs?  And there's a 20% service charge?

It obviously varies by the type of wine. But on average say $15.  There is a 20% gratuity added IF the glass of wine is consumed outside of the House Select beverage package parameter, ie not during lunch or dinner.  

On 6/22/2023 at 5:49 PM, Peter Lanky said:

That's interesting. I was aware of reading online of a six bottle limit, which is probably the maximum most people could carry when struggling with suitcases etc. I will probably do this but just for drinking in our cabin.

Don't worry about that six bottle limit.  You can bring as much as you want and they don't bat an eye.  We just brought a case on our cruise that ended on July 21, and after boarding we went to a local wine store and I grabbed 9 more bottles (white wines).

We also went to shows with full glasses of wine, and brought glasses of wine or spirits to dinner from our own hosted cocktail hour.  While there are written rules, there really are no rules, outside of $25 corkage if they open your wine in a restaurant.  If you are into wine, bringing your own is the best option!

On 7/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, EJL2023 said:

The current wine list by glass shows 5 dessert wines.  Good?? No clue here as I don’t drink dessert wines, but according to the wine experts here on CC they have no good wines by the glass! I, on the other hand, found several non dessert wines I was fine with on the list 

I can assure you their Port is god awful!  I didn't try the rest.

On 7/13/2023 at 11:13 PM, pinotlover said:

Actually a bit simplistic. There exists a huge selection of wines that are merely mediocre. Do they inspire you, entice you to buy? Perhaps not. Will you drink them if they even reasonably pair and the only thing available? Yes! Doesn’t mean you like them, but you’ll drink them.

I taste through a multitude of wines every month. Some are well constructed wines that stylistically I’m not fond of, but can identify them as well made wines of that style. Liking or disliking has little to do with recognizing wine quality.

Excellent post!  I have tried many wines that I thought were "good", but I'd never buy them.

2 hours ago, emckeeve said:

There are bar menus  in this thread with prices

if you have a beverage package the Gratuity is included

single purchases  have the 20%  added

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2904150-riviera-new-bar-drinks-menus-and-prices/