Advice please on Price Difference Anomaly

Mauzac

Used the local on SS years ago by using a US TA when the rate was GB£1=US$2 and saved a fortune. Subsequently SS refused to accept US bookings from UK residents

Anyway - the cruise you mention is :

UK £

Veranda Suite From
£11,499*

Inclusive Economy Class Air plus complimentary transfers between airport and ship

10 hours ago, caviarforme said:

Used the local on SS years ago by using a US TA when the rate was GB£1=US$2 and saved a fortune. Subsequently SS refused to accept US bookings from UK residents

Anyway - the cruise you mention is :

UK £

Veranda Suite From
£11,499*

Inclusive Economy Class Air plus complimentary transfers between airport and ship

Don't know if they will allow you to book without the included air.  A quick look at BA's website came up with an economy fare around 4500GBP. That would leave about 7000GBP or $9,000 US. That's a possible 10% saving but my flight cost may be out and I haven't accounted for the transfer so the real number may be much smaller.

14 hours ago, Dusko said:

Don't know if they will allow you to book without the included air.  A quick look at BA's website came up with an economy fare around 4500GBP. That would leave about 7000GBP or $9,000 US. That's a possible 10% saving but my flight cost may be out and I haven't accounted for the transfer so the real number may be much smaller.

From UK T&C's

"For 2023-2024 Australia & South Pacific Sailings, in the event that promotional Economy Class Air is not available (at the sole discretion of Seabourn), or for guests not wishing to utilize the promotional air offer, a cruise credit in the amount of £2000 per guest will be applied to the booking amount."

Good luck with trying to book UK prices from the US

8 hours ago, caviarforme said:

From UK T&C's

"For 2023-2024 Australia & South Pacific Sailings, in the event that promotional Economy Class Air is not available (at the sole discretion of Seabourn), or for guests not wishing to utilize the promotional air offer, a cruise credit in the amount of £2000 per guest will be applied to the booking amount."

Good luck with trying to book UK prices from the US

A 2000GBP credit, not even a discount, means the US deal is better. Looks like Seabourn is being pretty fair and consistent with their pricing. Good to know. 

It has been interesting anyway 😊

1 hour ago, Dusko said:

A 2000GBP credit, not even a discount, means the US deal is better. Looks like Seabourn is being pretty fair and consistent with their pricing. Good to know. 

It has been interesting anyway 😊

Think you might find "Cruise Credit" is an amount off the price

6 hours ago, Cornhogio said:

Hey I'm not really sure where to put this, and sorry for the derail.  Have any of you used the "Request a Quote" button on the Seabourn website?  If so what was the outcome?  Thanks in advance.  

Use a travel agent that has experience of Seabourn.

Don't bother with the quote button.

What I find bizarre is the thousand of dollars more Seabourn ask for choosing your room as opposed to the random placement for the same category. I talked to people very angry about it because they had done that and then figured out that people that didn't do it were actually placed in better decks/position.

Edited by Khareef

2 hours ago, Khareef said:

What I find bizarre is the thousand of dollars more Seabourn ask for choosing your room as opposed to the random placement for the same category. I talked to people very angry about it because they had done that and then figured out that people that didn't do it were actually placed in better decks/position.

It's a Roulette wheel

2 hours ago, Khareef said:

Some of us don't like to end up in connected rooms, near the front of the ship, near white spaces they may indicate service stairs so we are happy to choose where we go and pay to do so. We keep a watch on prices and if they drop then pre final payment we have got a price adjustment. That price drop is less likely these days I have found for the cruises I have booked.

So if none of the above concern people and they want to take the guarantee price then that is fine and I won't have any issue with them getting a cheaper price. As Mr L said it's a gamble and not one I'm prepared to take having had suites in the past I didn't like when doing an OB.

Edited by frantic36

16 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Some of us don't like to end up in connected rooms, near the front of the ship, near white spaces they may indicate service stairs so we are happy to choose where we go and pay to do so. We keep a watch on prices and if they drop then pre final payment we have got a price adjustment. That price drop is less likely these days I have found for the cruises I have booked.

So if none of the above concern people and they want to take the guarantee price then that is fine and I won't have any issue with them getting a cheaper price. As Mr L said it's a gamble and not one I'm prepared to take having had suites in the past I didn't like when doing an OB.

It seems to me on the Venture/Pursuit most suites are actually connected, maybe things are different on the bigger SB ships

Edited by Khareef

16 minutes ago, Khareef said:

It seems to me on the Venture/Pursuit most suites are actually connected, maybe things are different on the bigger SB ships

I must admit I haven't looked closely at Venture and Pursuit deck plans as we are 4 cruises to look forward to in the next 18 months. There are definitely a reasonable amount of non-interconnecting rooms on the other ships but enough connecting for me to not want to take the gamble.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 1