QM2 crossing to New York 23 June

new to cuising

3 minutes ago, new to cuising said:

Anyone have contacts on board QM2 at present. Current, doing 0.2 knots off Isle of Wight instead of the normal 12 -14 knots at this point?

Yes, I’m wondering about that. There doesn’t seem to be a helicopter about.

11 minutes ago, new to cuising said:

Anyone have contacts on board QM2 at present. Current, doing 0.2 knots off Isle of Wight instead of the normal 12 -14 knots at this point?

Details are being posted on their Roll Call,,,,

3 minutes ago, new to cuising said:

Guess it’s a medical emergency, but that’s quite a trek for the RNLI bembridge boat. Guess QM2 stopped hoping a boat from either Cowes or mainland would attend.

Guess so the RNLI seems to heading for Southampton at 25 knts. QM2 seems to be underway again hope anyone taken off will be well after any medical assistance

Edited by Matelot70
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 8:26 PM, exlondoner said:

Large and pretty fast.

Onboard on this TA and there was announcement of medical emergency and indeed waiting for emergency vessel. No helicopter. 
I believe I saw the person with the emergency and she seemed to be suffering from heatstroke after sailaway. It was very warm and sunny leaving Friday. She was certainly in distress. 
No word on passenger condition and no delay in trip. 

3 hours ago, NE John said:

Onboard on this TA and there was announcement of medical emergency and indeed waiting for emergency vessel. No helicopter. 
I believe I saw the person with the emergency and she seemed to be suffering from heatstroke after sailaway. It was very warm and sunny leaving Friday. She was certainly in distress. 
No word on passenger condition and no delay in trip. 

John,

Was watching it on Marine Traffic.....RFLI took them of near Fawley I believe....

Safe traveling....

On 6/23/2023 at 7:59 PM, new to cuising said:

Guess it’s a medical emergency, but that’s quite a trek for the RNLI bembridge boat. Guess QM2 stopped hoping a boat from either Cowes or mainland would attend.

In UK & Ireland all medivacs are run through UK or Irish CG

RNLI ALB's or CG helo ate tasked. RNLI LB's carry medical kits and usually will at least 1 first aider crew member on board. Bembridge LB was the nearest ALB. A smaller inshore boat such as those at Cowes & Calshot are not so equipped