Norfolk VA Question

lnm6170

"Renovations" and contracts.  I seriously doubt the planned renovations will take the whole year.  Sunshine is coming in 2025, pretty sure because the contract with Charleston goes through 2024.  It would have been nice if they offered a few sailings on the Magic for 2024, but nope.

3 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

"Renovations" and contracts.  I seriously doubt the planned renovations will take the whole year.  Sunshine is coming in 2025, pretty sure because the contract with Charleston goes through 2024.  It would have been nice if they offered a few sailings on the Magic for 2024, but nope.

Have you seen the plans?

I don't think they've announced what they're actually doing to the port. My guess is just behind the scenes things like adding more storage bays for provisions that will be needed for year-round operations. My understanding is currently Norfolk borrows the Baltimore check-in crew - they will likely take the opportunity to train a full-time crew (or perhaps entice Charleston crew to relocate to Virginia?). Almost certainly there will be no major construction like an onsite parking structure, sadly.