The Beyond is staying in the Caribbean, no TA next year

newtampagirl

6 minutes ago, YouthD said:

We actually transferred from the Beyond to the Ascent, which isn't even out yet... The itinerary isn't as good, but we're still excited!

And, we were already booked on Ascent.  😎

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Some of us care because some of us would like to cruise on the newest Celebrity ships outside of the Caribbean.  How is that possible when Celebrity moves all Edge class ships TO the Caribbean?

There are 4 Edge Class ships (with one more on order).  Only 1 is scheduled to be in the Caribbean in the summer, and not even their newest ship.  How is that all of their Edge class ships?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

See post #61.  Apex and Ascent (new Edge Class ships) will be sailing in the Mediterranean.

Thanks.  Do we know how long that information is correct?  How long will they stay in Europe?  Because that post says through 2024.  Of course none of us can know Celebrity’s plans.

Edited by zitsky

3 hours ago, prmssk said:

There are 4 Edge Class ships (with one more on order).  Only 1 is scheduled to be in the Caribbean in the summer, and not even their newest ship.  How is that all of their Edge class ships?  

Do you have inside information that Beyond is the only one moving to the Caribbean?

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Do you have inside information that Beyond is the only one moving to the Caribbean?

I doubt they would move another Edge class ship out of Europe. And several of us have already switched to the Ascent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

No, I do not have any inside information.  Europe itineraries for 2025 is not out yet.  

That said, the Mediterranean/Europe season (roughly Apr - Nov) is still a big season for Celebrity (and all cruise lines) and Celebrity still has a big presence there (in 2024 - Apex, Ascent, Constellation, Infinity, Equinox, Silhouette).  They aren't just going to suddenly disappear from Europe.  The Beyond was likely just one ship too many.  I would be very surprised if they didn't send back 2 Edge class ships (along with a number of M/S Class ships) for summer of 2025.

It seems like demand for European cruises isn't as strong as expected.  NCL had planned for the Epic to be year round in the Med but now nixed that plan and she will be in Port Canaveral in the winter.  I know when the cruiselines released figures a few months ago,

Sailings in Europe were at less than 100 percent capacity while sailings in the Caribbean were over 100 percent capacity 

So, my guess is that Celebrity determined it would be more profitable at this time to base the Beyond year round in Florida.

The holiday market in the UK and Europe apparently has not worked out quite as expected this year. I saw a program yesterday…

Families in the UK are either continue to staycation on a budget or if they are going abroad they are looking at self catering (often as a multi age group). It was suggested that grandparents are frequently enabling these family break.  Holiday spots from London to coastal are all busy but restaurants, cafes and bars not getting their usual income as guests are watching where they spend their £. Several pubs reported that it isn’t unusual for a family to sit in the beer garden, order a drink and then get out their own sandwiches…

Young professionals in the UK are apparently doing a couple of city breaks and skipping the longer more expensive breaks they would usually enjoy in the summer months. Mortgage rises apparently the reason,

Older 50+ group are booking later and more flexibly (perhaps looking for the luxury adult only resorts the young professionals are not taking?)…

Even the UK rich are not helping the holiday industry. Apparently many of them bought second homes during lockdown and are still using them so instead of booking several holidays a year they are just having one or two…

In Europe a similar pattern…Many people reporting that they simply cannot afford a holiday. It also said (as in the UK) it is self catering options which are selling best. 

Not surprising that the cruising industry is keeping its options open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do you have inside information saying others will follow? Pointless argument, for now, as prmssk says, Edge class ships sail in Europe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

The holiday market in the UK and Europe apparently has not worked out quite as expected this year. I saw a program yesterday…

Families in the UK are either continue to staycation on a budget or if they are going abroad they are looking at self catering (often as a multi age group). It was suggested that grandparents are frequently enabling these family break.  Holiday spots from London to coastal are all busy but restaurants, cafes and bars not getting their usual income as guests are watching where they spend their £. Several pubs reported that it isn’t unusual for a family to sit in the beer garden, order a drink and then get out their own sandwiches…

Young professionals in the UK are apparently doing a couple of city breaks and skipping the longer more expensive breaks they would usually enjoy in the summer months. Mortgage rises apparently the reason,

Older 50+ group are booking later and more flexibly (perhaps looking for the luxury adult only resorts the young professionals are not taking?)…

Even the UK rich are not helping the holiday industry. Apparently many of them bought second homes during lockdown and are still using them so instead of booking several holidays a year they are just having one or two…

In Europe a similar pattern…Many people reporting that they simply cannot afford a holiday. It also said (as in the UK) it is self catering options which are selling best. 

Not surprising that the cruising industry is keeping its options open.

I saw an article yesterday saying package holiday prices for us Brits to the Mediterranean have increased by c20%. That’s one big rise.

13 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

I saw an article yesterday saying package holiday prices for us Brits to the Mediterranean have increased by c20%. That’s one big rise.

I saw that and can believe it too having recently started browsing for a possible Autumn break.

• Like 1

BAH!  We were booked on this TA and had a nice center SV picked out, and it came with $850 OBC.  We're not opposed to the Ascent TA, which is only a few days earlier, but there aren't any SVs available.  The OBC was too good to give up so we went with a DPV and got the additional measly $100 OBC for our troubles.  We're paying slightly more for a less desirable cabin and a day less, for the newest ship.  I'm not super unhappy but it's not what we wanted for our first TA.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aggiejd2000 said:

The OBC was too good to give up so we went with a DPV and got the additional measly $100 OBC for our troubles.  We're paying slightly more for a less desirable cabin and a day less, for the newest ship.  I'm not super unhappy but it's not what we wanted for our first TA.

You should come join the Ascent transatlantic roll call.  😊

14 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Did they ever fix the crazy cabin noises cruisers reported on the Beyond? If not, will the ghosts be quieter on the Caribbean circuit?  

We are only one couple but we had none of those problems.