Another little Review of QM2´s 9th of June to 25th of June voyage

Germancruiser

We don't eat red meat at home very much and my wine consumption is way within 'healthy' according to the yearly health check/blood tests and so when I am on holiday [read Cunard] I eat red meat and drink quite a drop or two of wine.

I must be in the minority here because if a filet mignon is smaller than a surf and turf fillet, to my mind, that is a pathetic amount of protein.

Don't get me wrong. I don't expect the full cow on my plate but I certainly won't be counting grams and I most certainly want a decent portion of fillet steak to consume as a dinner offering.

Luckily for me, when the replacement arrived [pretty darned quick I have to say] the meat was so tender it didn't really need the steak knife and it was delicious.🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There is obviously a big difference between the MDR and the grills. The last time I ate in the MDR of another line I sent the steak back after three bites. I have admitted before to being a food and wine snob, which really isn’t the proper adjective. I just don’t want to waste my time, calories, or palette on poor food and wine. I actually consume very little and seldom clear my plate. DH ordered Dover sole twice, special order placed at noon. We had Peking Duck, ordered 3 days ahead. Lobster twice, cavier 3 times, soufflé twice…At lunch Osman goes to every table asking if there is anything he can do for you. The flambé carts were in continuous service. A baked potato would need to be ordered at lunch to be served at dinner, no microwaved potato in grills. I am sorry others did not have the same experience. We will take fewer cruises, but they will be in QG.

Edited by techteach
Spelling
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

Like D&N we never find Cunard portions too small, usually either about right or too large! But then again different people have different ideas about how much they wish to eat!

I also guess it depends what courses one consumes too.

No bread, consomme or caviar  for starters, no pud unless it's crepes, a small amount of cheese and resist the petit fours and yes, one can be a bit put out when the protein has to be almost looked for with a magnifying glass.

As I said, the meat was delicious when replacements arrived. I don't expect I'll have to get the tape measure out for any fillet order on our next cruise as wait staff have long memories. 🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Victoria2 I mentioned the baked potato because someone mentioned they were told no in QG when they asked for it. I just read through the thread again and can’t find it now.

I believe the post about baked potatoes was on your roll call. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Victoria2 I mentioned the baked potato because someone mentioned they were told no in QG when they asked for it. I just read through the thread again and can’t find it now.

Interesting because I have had no problem when I ask for one.

I'll give it a whirl next time and see if it's a no. 🙂