Booking Dining Reservations for 2 different booking numbers

Lasallebabe

Hubby and I have only ever cruised alone and typically have always found the buffet and main dining hall sufficient for us, so we've never booked a specialty restaurant. NCL cruise in Nov, we will be traveling with B-I-L and S-I-L, who booked on their own. This Friday, we can book our specialty dining choices. Can I go in and book so that I get a table of four for us? Do I need to add their booking number to the booking someway? TIA

8 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

You can book for 4 from your account on NCL, you don’t need their information.

Thanks so much! Even though my cruise booking is only for 2, they will let me book a table for 4? Do I need the other couples booking number or anything? Thanks again!

30 minutes ago, Lasallebabe said:

Thanks so much! Even though my cruise booking is only for 2, they will let me book a table for 4? Do I need the other couples booking number or anything? Thanks again!

No you won't need any info from the other couple in order to make a reservation for 4. The reservation process will only ask you for a number. When you actually go together to the specialty you will need to show different room cards though for the 4 of you assuming all have specialty allowances on their booking.

Edited by Red-Sol
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

No you won't need any info from the other couple in order to make a reservation for 4. The reservation process will only ask you for a number. When you actually go together to the specialty you will need to show different room cards though for the 4 of you assuming all have specialty allowances on their booking.

Excellent! Thanks so much!

If you're booking Teppanyaki or Moderno, book those first, then the a la carte restaurants. If you book them last and don't have enough Free at Sea meals, then NCL will require you to pay. It's just easier to book those first, then finish with a la carte. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lasallebabe said:

Excellent! Thanks so much!

Think of the reservation like you would when you call up a land-based restaurant. They don't need to know the particulars of your fellow diners, only a head count. What matters (in terms of booking numbers) is when it comes to paying for your dinner. At that point, your companions will need to use their specialty dining allowance or pay out of pocket.

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Think of the reservation like you would when you call up a land-based restaurant. They don't need to know the particulars of your fellow diners, only a head count. What matters (in terms of booking numbers) is when it comes to paying for your dinner. At that point, your companions will need to use their specialty dining allowance or pay out of pocket.

Perfect! Thanks for taking the time to answer! 

• Like 1

Ditto, for our upcoming cruise with 3 different cabins on the ship, I made MDR reservations for 3 nights on mine for 6 of us - not necessary or "asked" online to link or provide cabin info for the others in the party.  When you show up, just hand the host/ess the key cards for all the cabins to be swiped.  

As noted above, you can also book Specialty Dining, follow the sequence outlined above by other posters - worked for us ... so far.