Currently on Pride “Norway”

AllenF

Overall after not cruising on Carnival but 1 time in the last 10 years and being platinum I give the cruise a solid B.

My expectations were not to high as we cared more about ports than the ship as we do not cruise as much anymore just not into the crowds but it has been better than expected.

Drinks have  been very good along with service.

Chefs table was great as the steak house (3) times. 
Only ate in main dining twice (anytime dining).

Lido was good and pizza was still great.

Nice entertainment as far as singers and bands playing did not step in main show area as not are thing.

One thing I found puzzling was there are no urinals in any men’s bathrooms on the ship lol.

Gym and steam rooms were also on point.

The crew as always were top notch.

Sp while I am not as big of fan of cruising as I once was  I must say we have a nice relaxing time.

Only did one excursion with ship we mostly did self walking tours in ports very easy to do if you like to walk.

We are at last port and then a sea day back to Dover if possible I will try to answer any questions before we get back home Sunday night.

Used blackberry for transport to hotel in London and then to ship in Dover great service will use for return to Heathrow.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AllenF said:

Overall after not cruising on Carnival but 1 time in the last 10 years and being platinum I give the cruise a solid B.

My expectations were not to high as we cared more about ports than the ship as we do not cruise as much anymore just not into the crowds but it has been better than expected.

Drinks have  been very good along with service.

Chefs table was great as the steak house (3) times. 
Only ate in main dining twice (anytime dining).

Lido was good and pizza was still great.

Nice entertainment as far as singers and bands playing did not step in main show area as not are thing.

One thing I found puzzling was there are no urinals in any men’s bathrooms on the ship lol.

Gym and steam rooms were also on point.

The crew as always were top notch.

Sp while I am not as big of fan of cruising as I once was  I must say we have a nice relaxing time.

Only did one excursion with ship we mostly did self walking tours in ports very easy to do if you like to walk.

We are at last port and then a sea day back to Dover if possible I will try to answer any questions before we get back home Sunday night.

Used blackberry for transport to hotel in London and then to ship in Dover great service will use for return to Heathrow.

Thank you! 😊😊

hugs fro. Texas!

How was the embarkation process in Dover? Debarkation would be great to know about too once you've experienced - we have a car scheduled to pick us up at the pier at 8am on an August cruise, not sure if that's too early, too late or just right (our party won't have priority but we will carry our own bags off if needed - but we don't want to do so at 5:30am!)

Have you tried to bring any alcohol or soda back onboard at a port, and if so did you experience any issues?  (I'm more likely to try the soda thing but a bottle of wine might make it into my bag too....)

27 minutes ago, OneLuckyMom said:

How was the embarkation process in Dover? Debarkation would be great to know about too once you've experienced - we have a car scheduled to pick us up at the pier at 8am on an August cruise, not sure if that's too early, too late or just right (our party won't have priority but we will carry our own bags off if needed - but we don't want to do so at 5:30am!)

I'm not the OP, but we were on the June 9-18 sailing out of Dover. We took the Carnival transfer from Heathrow to Dover the day of the cruise; we arrived at Dover around 1:00 and practically walked onto the ship. People who arrived earlier were already aboard.

We also were picked up by a driver at the end of the cruise. We had told the driver 8:00 and that worked well. While they do want people out of their cabins by 8:00, and they did have debarkation available much earlier, we were able to disembark a little after 7:00. We simply walked into the terminal, collected our luggage, and went to wait outside for our driver. Note that there is very limited seating outside; be prepared to stand.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

I'm not the OP, but we were on the June 9-18 sailing out of Dover. We took the Carnival transfer from Heathrow to Dover the day of the cruise; we arrived at Dover around 1:00 and practically walked onto the ship. People who arrived earlier were already aboard.

We also were picked up by a driver at the end of the cruise. We had told the driver 8:00 and that worked well. While they do want people out of their cabins by 8:00, and they did have debarkation available much earlier, we were able to disembark a little after 7:00. We simply walked into the terminal, collected our luggage, and went to wait outside for our driver. Note that there is very limited seating outside; be prepared to stand.

Thank you!

In my experience, no.  Some days it works.  Other days I sit and wonder why someone doesn't reply ... only to discover later they never received it even though it appears "sent."  

2 hours ago, 80sGal said:

In my experience, no.  Some days it works.  Other days I sit and wonder why someone doesn't reply ... only to discover later they never received it even though it appears "sent."  

So was that specifically your recent experience on the Pride? I've read different things lately - some say the app is working much better than before.  Others complain it still doesn't work well.  Seems to me it might be a ship thing - interested to hear specifically how its working on the Pride right now.

Edited by OneLuckyMom

On 7/7/2023 at 5:57 PM, OneLuckyMom said:

Have you tried to bring any alcohol or soda back onboard at a port, and if so did you experience any issues?  (I'm more likely to try the soda thing but a bottle of wine might make it into my bag too....)

No problem bringing soda on board did not try with alcohol in ports but soda was not an issue at any port

Edited by AllenF

Arriving at Port now will let you know how it goes. For embarking we arrived at 1pm and walked right on ship and rooms were ready. Years ago I like to get on as early as possible but then you just sat and waited for cabin to be ready.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 3:05 AM, OneLuckyMom said:

So was that specifically your recent experience on the Pride? I've read different things lately - some say the app is working much better than before.  Others complain it still doesn't work well.  Seems to me it might be a ship thing - interested to hear specifically how its working on the Pride right now.

For most part it worked ok did use chat features 

Got off boat by 620am with platinum perk carrying our own luggage. 

Pick time was for 7am blackberry texts you driver information so I texted him we were off boat and we were on our way to airport at 640am.

• Like 1

Sitting in AA lounge at LHR at 9am.

Sunday traffic was very light and we left before earliest cruise shuttle.

Check in at LHR was also quick as well as getting thru security so if you get to airport early on Sunday looks like the way to go. 

Our flight boards at 1125 for 1215 departure.

Edited by AllenF
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AllenF said:

No problem bringing soda on board did not try with alcohol in ports but soda was not an issue at any port

We sailed on Pride last year to Norway from Dover and we brought alcohol on board with no issues. We bought it in a supermarket in Dover and carried it on as hand luggage. We didn't buy any in Norway as we didn't need to and it's incredibly expensive in Norway.