Special dining experiences on Oosterdam

m921759

Hi !

We will sail our first HAL cruise on the Oosterdam in December and we are curious about special dining experiences. We really enjoyed Chef's table and Winemaker lunch on Princess, and similar experiences on other cruise lines. According to HAL's pdf "Ship at a glance", Sel De Mer, De Librije. Any other event or comments ?

Also, I imagine the best way to be on the list would be to call dining reservations or go to the dining desk on embarkation day?

Thanks !

4 hours ago, m921759 said:

Hi !

We will sail our first HAL cruise on the Oosterdam in December and we are curious about special dining experiences. We really enjoyed Chef's table and Winemaker lunch on Princess, and similar experiences on other cruise lines. According to HAL's pdf "Ship at a glance", Sel De Mer, De Librije. Any other event or comments ?

Also, I imagine the best way to be on the list would be to call dining reservations or go to the dining desk on embarkation day?

Thanks !

You can book both online as soon as reservations open.

Oosterdam will not have a Sel de Mer pop up per HAL.  Only the three pinnacle ships offer Rudi's Sel de Mer in the permanent standalone restaurant.  

People report that other special dinners in the Pinnacle restaurant were only offered on longer cruises.

How many days is your Oosterdam cruise @m921759?

~Nancy

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

Oosterdam will not have a Sel de Mer pop up per HAL.  Only the three pinnacle ships offer Rudi's Sel de Mer in the permanent standalone restaurant.  

People report that other special dinners in the Pinnacle restaurant were only offered on longer cruises.

How many days is your Oosterdam cruise @m921759?

~Nancy

@oakridger our cruise is 14 days (South America).

I try to avoid Gala nights for our regular specialty restaurant bookings. On Princess it was worth it, on Holland not sure the food is that different on Gala nights ?

@m921759 We are doing the total of 31 days but as a B2B Nov/Dec on Oosterdam to SA so we are probably on the same voyage.  I see that we can make reservations for Canaletto and Pinnacle but I don't see Rudi's Pop Up Sel De Mer as an option and am kind of bummed that 31 days we only have these 2 specialty restaurants.  I am hoping that because the voyage is also a 31 day that they will be mixing up the menu a bit.  Wishful thinking.  

6 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

I don't see Rudi's Pop Up Sel De Mer as an option

See post #4.  Unfortunately, we were told by HAL last fall that the non pinnacle ships will no longer have Rudy's pop-up dinners.  I have enjoyed them on all but one sailing in the pre shutdown days.

~Nancy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

@m921759 We are doing the total of 31 days but as a B2B Nov/Dec on Oosterdam to SA so we are probably on the same voyage.  I see that we can make reservations for Canaletto and Pinnacle but I don't see Rudi's Pop Up Sel De Mer as an option and am kind of bummed that 31 days we only have these 2 specialty restaurants.  I am hoping that because the voyage is also a 31 day that they will be mixing up the menu a bit.  Wishful thinking.  

You might see a Cellar Master when you board or other some such specialty dining.  As well, the Lido can put on some pretty nice seafood boils, etc

The Indonesian menu could be added but I doubt De Librije.

I don’t know why they took the pop up Sel de Mer off the non Pinnacle Class ships.  It was a hit and our preferred specialty dining.

• Like 2