Confused about times to get off / get on on port days

jeremiebe

Hello,

I will be on Epic starting the 28th August in Trieste.

I'm not sure about the arrival and departure times indicated.

For instance, for Civitavecchia, I have 

Arrival 6h30 AM

Departure 7h00 PM

And also the following notice "For safety reasons, all passengers must be on board 2 hours before departure. Disembarkation generally takes place 2 hours after docking."

Does this mean I can start to get off at 8:30 AM, and need to be back before 5PM ? I need this information to book my train tickets to Rome.

Thanks for your help.

8 minutes ago, jeremiebe said:

Hello,

Arrival 6h30 AM

Departure 7h00 PM

And also the following notice "For safety reasons, all passengers must be on board 2 hours before departure. Disembarkation generally takes place 2 hours after docking."

Does this mean I can start to get off at 8:30 AM, and need to be back before 5PM ? I need this information to book my train tickets to Rome.

Thanks for your help.

You may get off the ship within an hour or so after docking, it's purely dependent on how things go with the port personnel.  As far as being back on the ship, the 2 hours is for initial embarkation, for ports along way it is usually about 1 hour prior to departure.

8 minutes ago, jeremiebe said:

Hello,

Arrival 6h30 AM

Departure 7h00 PM

Thanks for your help.

The times you posted are ONLY for Embarkation Day.

When you are in a Port of Call, you can usually leave from 30 minutes to an hour afteer docking-- depends on the local authorities.

You need to be back on board at least 30 minutes before your schedduled departure time.

Watch your Freestyle Daily and listen for announcements as to exact instructions for each port.

Enjoy

• Like 1

In our experience the stated times are the estimate for along side secured and actual departure.

All aboard for passengers is usually 30mins before or 1hr if tender.

Arrival clearance can be up to 30mins most cases, sometime longer.

On 7/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, jeremiebe said:

Hello,

Arrival 6h30 AM

Departure 7h00 PM

Thanks for your help.

You can disembark the ship about 30 minutes after the scheduled arrival time.

All aboard time is usually 30 minutes prior to departure. The exception is sometimes for ports where you are tendering. 

So in your example, you can leave the ship somewhere between 6h30 and 7h00. And you need to be back onboard at 18h30.  

The 2 hours applies to when you first embark your cruise. They close check-in 2 hours prior to departure time so that can get their final manifest to the local immigration authorities and ports along the way. 

Edited by BirdTravels